aaa Reaktor more synths at the same time - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Reaktor more synths at the same time

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             24-Aug-00  @  08:26 AM   -   Reaktor & synths at the same time?

d.strooisma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Well when i use Reaktor VST on a miditrack in cubase vst 5, and i create a new miditrack with also Reaktor VST, then i only can use the same loaded synth as the other miditrack.
My question is: How to use different synths (on other miditracks) of Reaktor VST in cubase VST at the same time?

thanx in advance

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             25-Aug-00  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

steffen

Link?: Link

Hi,

You have two possibilities:
1. Use the stand alone version of Reaktor to built an ensemble with different synths and load this ensemble in Reaktor VST. The Synth still react only at the same midi channels like in the stand alone version.
2. When you install the 2.3.2 update, the installer will ask you if you want four instances of the Reaktor VST plugins. Each of this instances can load different ensembles and have there own midi-port in cubase.

Bye,
Steffen (Native Instruments)

Message 3/14             25-Aug-00  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

d.strooisma

Thanx Steffen!

yeah just installed the new version today   and saw the new option  
But thanx for the other tip, maybe handy when i need more synths hehe. But i'm afraid that my cpu can't handle that hehehe.  

Message 4/14             26-Aug-00  @  01:59 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

jav123

Teh install gives the option, but does it works for you?, to me it says "the plugin failled to install when l want to open a second instance.

Message 5/14             26-Aug-00  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

d.strooisma

Yep i saw that too  
Maybe it works with another way...
I'll check it...

Message 6/14             27-Aug-00  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

d.strooisma

Yep.. it still doesn't work for me  

Message 7/14             28-Aug-00  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

steffen

The second instance must have a different name. Each Reaktor plugin can only be used for one instance, but if you also install "Reaktor B VST", "Reaktor C VST" and "Reaktor D VST", you can use this for plugins simultaneous.

Bye,
Steffen

Message 8/14             28-Aug-00  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

d.strooisma

When i want to install a VST instrument, i only can choose Reaktor VST, and no B or C or D. What's wrong? The Reaktor B, C, D files are in the cubase VST plugin directory tho...

Message 9/14             29-Aug-00  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

steffen

Each instance needs two files, like "Reaktor B VST.dll" and "RkExtB.dll". Are they both in the correct VST plugin dir?

Bye,
Steffen

Message 10/14             29-Aug-00  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

d.strooisma

I've found the problem... the Reaktor B VST.dll file wasn't in my Cubase VST32/vstplugins directory, althought i installed the plugins in that dir. The files were in C:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins\bla bla bla..., so i copied these files into to the Cubase VST32/vstplugins directory, and it worked!

Thanx man!  

Message 11/14             29-Aug-00  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

d.strooisma

little info for everyone....
Each reaktor instance takes 15% proc time on a AMD Duron 650 @ 735...
That doesn't disappoints me  

Message 12/14             29-Aug-00  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

yams

How do you overclock a pIII processor? Reaktor(the standalone) takes an avg of 28% of my pentium 700 mhz @ 700.

Message 13/14             30-Aug-00  @  03:17 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

d.strooisma

Just push the FSB (Front side bus) higher. You're running now 7 x 100 mhz FSB.
So maybe you can make it 7 x 120 mhz ( = 840 mhz). But successfully overclocking depends on which mother board you have and the memory. If you have good 100 mhz memery, it can handle 120 mhz FSB, if not you're system won't run stable (lock-ups, blue screens, etc.), avarage 100 mhz memory can handle 112 mhz. But it would be nice when you use 133 mhz memory, then it's no problem to push the FSB.
I hope that you're motherboard has a variaty of FSB settings. There are some motherboard which can run only at 66, 100 and 133 mhz FSB.
There's a solution for a unstable system... push the voltage of the processor higher, for example from 1,65 to 1,70, or higher. This does not work always, centainly not when you memory can't handly the higher FSB speed. However some motherboard do have voltage or FSB settings  
The FSB and Voltage settings should you find in the Bios or on the motherbaord (with dipswitches and/of jumpers), that depends on which motherboard you got.
Just take you're motherboard manual, there is explained where you can find the setting.

Succes

Message 14/14             30-Aug-00  @  03:33 AM   -   RE: Reaktor more synths at the same time

d.strooisma

Just forgot to tell ya that i use 22 khz reaktor instances.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)