aaa Nord Lead drums - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nord Lead drums

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             22-Mar-00  @  12:47 PM   -   Nord Lead drums

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

r the kicks fat and round, snares crisp & punchy, 8o8 perc, smoth hats and bassy toms.. is it all there, r they usable could one look at the drumkits on the Nord as a replacement for a drumstation? what do they sound like 8o8ish? I guess the downside is u can't edit singel drumsounds just kits and u have to send it to a sterio out, can u set pan? anway I'we always wanted the Nord cos A) I'm scandinawian and its my duty   B)in yer face sounds & a 8o8 ..so please tell me, tell me... I do funky house with some electro/dnb ish beats...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             22-Mar-00  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: Nord Lead drums

99devils

Talk to xoxos... He does a lot of his percussion on the Nord Lead

-Craig

Message 3/6             22-Mar-00  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Nord Lead drums

Subtex

I have a nord lead 2, and I love the percussion,great 808 sounds and beyond in my oppinion the sounds are way better than the drumstation..also you can edit each individual sound to get that right sound your looking for if you have a good sequencer the drums on the nord can be very powerful..

Message 4/6             22-Mar-00  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: Nord Lead drums

druma

you can edit each individual sound ...?? wow I did not know that..neather did sales rep I spoke 2 (do they really know anything, I'm starting to think they r all just robots who talk about visa cards, what a waste of robots huh .. anyway now I know whats next on my list besides the 01v eghh...

Message 5/6             25-Mar-00  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Nord Lead drums

xoxos

Link?: Link

i hardly ever check out this forum.. pain in the ass to lift my fat wobbly fat carcass up and over here  

there's a few percussion sounds (mine, not presets) on my samples page for your discerning observation. i had a demo on the clavia demos page (not sure if it's sitll up) that totally sucked but they liked it because i was hitting some SERIOUS bass kicks.. panned though, so hard for speakers to take.. dont' ask why i did it like that.. the whole file is pure nordlead with no processing.

i oculd do albumsworths of material only using nord percs.. though i usually sample them. the oscillators on the nord aren't assignable to sync to key pressing.. to different note lengths (ie. every 1/2 measure or whatever) so your kicks will suffer from the standard analog oscillator thingy (becuase the waveform is free-running, it starts at a dfifferent point at each note on command, sometimes producing clicks on the sound.)

the way percussion works on a nordlead is.. of the 4 slots you can have in a multitinmbral setup, it'll take up one.. it's got 8 slots, evenly distributed across the keyboard, and each sound can be designated individually. they do share lfos to an extent.. soemtimes i've done lfo effect percs that do on my nl1. anfd there's no panning on the nl1.. apart from left/right/unison/mono, so you're better off sampling.. great osunds though.. doing synthpop, i love analog style percs.. got some really dirty osunding textures out of it today (a point often held against it..) but that's not so unusual really. i'll stop.

Message 6/6             27-Mar-00  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Nord Lead drums

druma

thanks for the info folks, xoxos when u sample drum loops made with the nord and play it back on your sampler do u not hear any audiancable difrance? dosn't it lack low end & punch when played back as a wav.? (i remeber when i was in school and sampled a 808 into sessions HD recoring software it totally sucked next to the 808 lacking the sonic richness of the real thing. and does NL2 have osc restart to key pressing? seam like a big miss for percussion...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)