aaa Andromeda Soundbites Online - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Andromeda Soundbites Online

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20             09-Mar-00  @  10:24 PM   -   Andromeda Soundbites Online

peake

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Some very basic sounds have been posted at www.pacificnet.net/~peake for your listening pleasure. Not intended to show everything it can do  

Look to www.alesis.com in a few days for an interactive flash demo of Andromeda...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             11-Mar-00  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

AietaD

Link?:  No link

Peake doesnt get much more analog than that. Best sound Ive heard coming through my livingroom computer with crappy speakers, Ill run it through the studio tomorrow. Theres an odd but seductively raw metalic quality to the sounds. I say odd because my ears are not tune to true analog. Very exciting. Looking forward to a full demo song that really shows her off.

Message 3/20             14-Mar-00  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

peake

Soundbites from NAMM, posted today:
http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/WNAMM00/Alesis/Andromeda.html

Message 4/20             20-Mar-00  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

k

ha ha - yeah, sounds like the guy help up a handheld minidisk at the demo session... have to say tho, my K2000 makes just as smooth sweeps based on that steppy demo (number-1)

Message 5/20             20-Mar-00  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

k

the big Q is tho - how much?... i guess about 2800 UKP...

Message 6/20             21-Mar-00  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

peake

Ignore the steppy demo. Production units will be so much better than that (-far- more resolution!)

List price is 3500.00 USD.

Message 7/20             01-Apr-00  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Hmmm....(arms folded, tapping chin)

Message 8/20             02-Apr-00  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

k

show us the curcuit diagrams then :-)

Message 9/20             02-Apr-00  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

k

ah.. this sort of analog you mean...

New Hardware and Software Tools Greatly Simplify Migration of 68K Designs to the Innovative ColdFireTM Architecture

Motorola Announces ColdFire Gateway Solutions

October 1, 1997 . . . Continuing its efforts to enable customer success, Motorola today unveiled a valuable new set of tools that will help maximize reuse of intellectual property by smoothing the way for the development of new products from existing microprocessor-based designs.

These development tools assist in porting system software code from embedded systems based on the highly successful Motorola 68000 (68K) architecture to the company's ColdFireTM architecture, the next generation of the 68K.

The just-released Motorola ColdFire Gateway Solution for the MC68EC000 provides a hardware bridge between a target system's MC68EC000 microprocessor socket and the MCF5202 VL-RISC (variable-length reduced instruction set computing) ColdFire microprocessor. The Gateway Solutions also include the MicroAPL PortASM/68K, a 68K to ColdFire automated assembler conversion tool. The Gateway Solutions serve as a cost-effective mechanism for demonstrating and evaluating the potential advantages of migrating existing 68EC000-based designs to the ColdFire architecture. Existing 68K users can easily evaluate effects of system enhancements such as on-chip debug and cache.

The PortASM/68K, a 68K to ColdFire processor automated assembler source-code conversion tool developed by MicroAPL Limited, will assist in the migration of assembler source code from 68000, 68020, 68030, 68040, 68060, CPU32, and CPU32+ processors to the ColdFire architecture. The new MicroAPL tools will support all available versions of the ColdFire cores and includes support for MAC and hardware divide instructions. PortASM/68K supports GNU and Diab Data assembly formats and will be available on DOS, Windows 95TM, Windows NTTM, and SUN hosts.

According to Wendell Smith, manager, systems engineering and tools programs for Motorola's Consumer Systems Group (CSG), "The development of software has become extremely costly and time consuming for today's embedded system designs. In addition to its obvious use as a vehicle for demonstrating the features of the ColdFire architecture, the new 68K/ColdFire Gateway Solutions allow many 68K users to leverage their existing software and hardware investments."

The hardware interface of the ColdFire Gateway board looks like that of an MC68EC000. The board can be plugged into an existing MC68EC000 based system using a 68-pin socket compatible with the 68EC000 PLCC FN package. The ColdFire Gateway board package includes a short- term sixty-day, full-function license of the Diab Data ColdFire and 68K D-CC compilers, the MicroAPL PortASM/68K tool to migrate the 68K assembler code (available 11/97), and a short- term evaluation license of the Software Development Systems' (SDS) SingleStepTM Debugger.

The ColdFire Gateway board can operate in 8- or 16-bit data mode, supports external or internal interrupt handling, and provides bus arbitration control logic for alternate bus masters. The board also provides access to the standard ColdFire background debug mode (BDM) interface for powerful software debugging capabilities such as real-time trace, real-time debug, and background debug.

The Motorola Gateway Board for the MC68EC000, part number M5202GW, is available immediately. The MicroAPL PortASM/68K, part number CDAPL/D will be available in November at no cost and can either be downloaded from the Web at www.motorola.com/isd or ordered in a CD format. To order, call your local Motorola distributor or you may order on the Web at www.motorola.com/isd.

Message 10/20             03-Apr-00  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

K

peake mate.. if you work for Aleis RnD whatever.. how does the analog osc' curcuits interact/bridge to this dsp ?? ... fascinating stuff..!

Message 11/20             03-Apr-00  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

peake

We're using the Coldfire 5307. It outputs control signals to each analog parameter, as you would expect. I'd like to share more, but I'm not allowed  

Message 12/20             04-Apr-00  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

peake

Twisted little multitimbral demo:

http://www.code404.com/a6/alesis_andromeda.mp3

or

http://www.code404.com/a6/ -- then right-click and save as.

Uses one Andromeda, stereo out, recorded to hard disk. No multitracking. No external or internal effects were used. It's just a little something Justin Maxwell and I cooked up in a couple of hours. (Not intended to demonstrate the full potential of Andromeda. And what sounds like clipping isn't ; it's a nasty sound, not an overload.)

Message 13/20             04-Apr-00  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

k

hmm.. shame.. but surely you already have the whole process TM'd?.. or not?.. c'mon.. do tell how it interfaces with the circuit & analog pot's ? :-)...

Message 14/20             04-Apr-00  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

k

by the way Peake - nice to see a 'major' tech round here - cheers mate - we're going larger soon... (provided the world economy doesnt collapse that is :-)

Message 15/20             13-Apr-00  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

Phunkytek

Went to www.code404.com and listened to the demo. Interesting to here a dry demo for a change. Anyone can spice up a mix with effects and layering to make a synth sound better , but I like to here the raw stuff a synth can produce. Very rhetro sounding-"A+". I was impressed, but would like to here a demo that has it all by incorporating more sweeps and sub bass and acid lines with slides.The electro sounds in the demo were great, but I can do every sound in that demo with a super bass station or my sh-101. Also some poly chords to see if it sounds as good as a juno etc. I've heard nothing yet that justifies that price tag for someone with analog gear. What I 'm trying to say is, I would sell all this vintage stuff if this synth can fill the void. In reading I see nothing about the tranmision of controler or sysex data via those 72 knobs? What is the story on midi implimentation. Are the effects going to be controllable via sysex, etc?

Message 16/20             19-Apr-00  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

peake

Glad you liked the demo.

Know that the demo was not multitracked, it was one Andromeda's stereo outputs recorded to disk, sequenced from an MPC3000 in one pass. It was also nowhere close to using up all 16 voices of polyphony. Being able to do those sounds simultaneously, and to also be able to edit them in realtime, is one of the strengths of the machine.

Also, IIRC, all of the sounds in the demo used two oscillators and some like the bass sound used the two suboscillators as well; the bass's audio went through Filter 1 in notch mode, which was swept by LFO 1; this audio was routed into Filter 2 (moog lowpass) which was swept by LFO 2; LFO 3 modulates LFO 2's rate for the speeding up and slowing down. I don't believe that the SH101 and Super BassStation combined can produce this single sound  

Yes, all of the knobs send and receive CCs. The MIDI implimentation will be absolutely up to date. The digital effects have two modulation routings which allow MIDI Continuous Control.

Message 17/20             19-Apr-00  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

peake

Pim has posted two .mp3's of Andromeda bits he recorded
via Minidisk at the Messe:
http://www.dancewave.nl/Nieuws/messe/messe.html
See: File 1 and File 2.

Photo 2 is of David Bryce, Keyboard Marketing Manager.

Look to www.reinklang.de for Arnd Kaiser's multitimbral Messe demos
in a week or so.

Message 18/20             19-Apr-00  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

Phunkytek

The machine is a beast, I must admit, I was planning on buying a jupite-6 or an mks-80. They have a distinct sound used by Uberzone on moondust and Trip Theory on many of their tracks. Have you tried to set up any jupiter patches on the a-6.The sound I'm refering to can be heard on CDNow.com realplayer demo of Uberzone's "space kadet ep" on the track moondust. The quirky acsending cat meow sound. Give it a listen and tell me what you think. If it can do this and all that I've heard I'm selling my sh-101, juno 106,and my 2 bass stations. Thanks, I appreciate the time you've taken to inform us on this ground breaking synth. on top of my prev query,When do you think we will get to demo the monster a Guitar Center or other Dealer?

Message 19/20             20-Apr-00  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

peake

I have Space Kadet and know that sound. The MKS80 is one of my favorite synths and has great filters, but I'll bet that Andromeda can recreate that sound, even some of the phase shifter effect.

Andromeda won't be in stores for several months yet.

Thanks, Mike

Message 20/20             20-Apr-00  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Andromeda Soundbites Online

Phunkytek

Can't wait, Thanks!

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)