aaa 01V controlling logic - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: 01V controlling logic

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             21-Feb-00  @  09:23 AM   -   01V controlling logic

lyrebird

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

any one know how to get 01v midi messages to a mixer I have created in the environment so that the virtual mixers faders move and transmit.

I can transmit with a mouse but don't how to connect the 01v to the virtual mixer.

the instrumen I want to transmit to (esi-4000) is on the same port as the O1v that is the modem port

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             21-Feb-00  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: 01V controlling logic

k

from what i can see the Logic mixer has FIXED controllers fo rht emixer pans, fader, eq & FX controls... so you'd need to set the O1 to the same controllers, BUT the way logic works it is that it sets a different channel for each mixer fader i think - anyways - look that the A-PLAYBACK mixer & B-PLAYBACK mixers in the Logic environment... THAT is the mixers for recording mixer moves, NOT the usual audio mixer which appears when you click an audio track header... the A & B Playback mixers LOOK the same, but they only are for creating mixer movements & snapshots....

for more info, see the THREAD in Logic chat room about controlling FX etc on the Logic mixer... if you mess with some moves in the Logic A or B playback mixer whilst recording, you can then look at them in the list edit and see what cc's are allocated etc

Message 3/6             23-Feb-00  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: 01V controlling logic

roller8

There is a pre existing 01V environment layer included with Logic. Just import that for interaction. Set your 01v to receive as well as transmit and make sure you have the right midi channel set or use the CBX driver with the To Host port. Mover sliders on mixer, they record in Logic, move sliders in environment, they record the same. Either way, the 01V should follow right along during playback.

I wish I could be more detailed but settings will vary from system to system depending on midi ports and connections. Should be fairly easy to get working as it was for me using the To Host with CBX driver. Good luck.

Oh and K, thanks for that quicky enlightenment on using Hyperdraw to automate plug in changes... I've used it a multitude of times already! You should be hired to write a 3rd party manual to this beast, Logic....

Message 4/6             23-Feb-00  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: 01V controlling logic

k

yeah... i'm saving that as something to do in my retirment old age !!

Message 5/6             13-Mar-00  @  04:35 AM   -   RE: 01V controlling logic

jj

hey roller, k, where can I read about that hyperdraw plugin deal, sounds like what I've been trying to figure out?

oh, and roller, whats up man?

Message 6/6             13-Mar-00  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: 01V controlling logic

k

do a search for - 'yes you can' - in the Logic forum

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)