aaa RM1X and sysex messages... - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: RM1X and sysex messages...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             27-Feb-00  @  08:14 PM   -   RM1X and sysex messages...

Defector_Z

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've RTFM and I can't make sense out of how to record sysex. To tell you the truth, I don't know much about it. I've got a Microwave XT and I want to dump the settings I have onto disk on the RM1X. Any idea how to do it on the RM1X end? I can send from the XT, just not receive. Any help, as always, is appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Feb-00  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: RM1X and sysex messages...

k

well, look at the section for midi, and look for the bit about sysex most units have a menu item with sysex send & receive option ON/OFF for either...

if you have a pc sequencer, try doing a dump to the RM1X in record... then save it, and see if there is code on the disk by opening it in an editor.. but the rm1x will have to be set to receive sysex if it does for all that to work...

basically, in the simplest way, you can put the sequencer in record, and hit SEND-SYSEX on the MWXT, and it can be done like that, the next level up is top set the sequencer device in RECIEVE mode, and it waits then just record what you dump over without actually running the sequencer ... so like it record as a transfer sorta thing as opposed to just recording normally, and sending sysex as opposed to note data etc...

Message 3/4             28-Feb-00  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: RM1X and sysex messages...

Defector_Z

I'll give that a shot. Thanks k. I can't make heads or tails from the RM1X manual and for the life of me, I can't find a sysex section on the machine. Very odd. I have a bunch of song settings that I did before I even thought about moving them, so I am nervous about trying anything. My MWXT OS has been buggy and I am afraid I'll lose stuff, even if I am not supposed to. :-(

Message 4/4             14-Mar-00  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: RM1X and sysex messages...

Pete

Hi!
I happen to have the two mentioned pieces of gear, and it's really rather simple. Set MIDI control under Utility (or Utilities...) to IN/OUT. Set MIDI filter (also under Utility) to be able to recieve Sysex via MIDI In.
Now on the XT, set it to send Sysex and CTRL-data.
So far so good.
Select a blank song on the RM1x, make sure everything is set up correctly with no MIDI loops. Select Replace or Overdub as your recording mode, hit record and once it's recording hit Shift + Utility on the XT to send whatver you want to send.
You should now see a red light flashing on the RM1x to indicate that it's reciving via MIDI In. Once it stops flashing, hit stop and save it onto disk.
When you want to send it back to your XT, make sure you do it at a low tempo, and set the time between each transmitted Sysex message to e.g. 300 miliseconds (also under Utility).
I may have simplified it, and thus insulted your intelligence. My apologies, but if anyone else has got the same problems, it would be nice for them with a sort of step-by-step, as we have here.

Glad to be of service!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)