aaa CS6x/CS6r midi sync bug - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: CS6x/CS6r midi sync bug

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             08-May-00  @  09:22 AM   -   CS6x/CS6r midi sync bug

staples

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello

I don't know if you have been following the thread in the Music and Tech forum regrading the problems surrounding these synths and their apparent inability to accurately lock to midi clock but I thought I might post an update here. Both the CS6r and CS6x as well as the S80/S30 and a built in 32nd delay when using the arpeggiator. Yamaha feels that this is a "feature" where as most users feel it's a "bug". They have designed this delay for a number of reasons but unfortunately it means that the arpeggiator is unusable in the most practical sense, ie playing in realtime. Once you have recorded anything you must offset all midi by a 32nd note in order for it to be in time with anything else.

Long story short..buyer beware. The units sound great which is a plus..the arps sound great but aren't lockable in my opinion without far too much work. I suggest that any current owners voice their disbelief with Yamaha but do not hold your breath about any "fix" to this most unusual "feature".

Kevan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             11-May-00  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: CS6x/CS6r midi sync bug

staples

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Yet more news and this time it looks good. I just received this info from the horse's mouth..the design team in Japan is working on a fix. I quote

"We are aware of this problem. Although it is an original feature, we are now endevouring to improve it as much as possible. Please give us some more time (at least another 10 days) and hopefully we will give you improved arp."

I'm surprised they can do it in 10 days but that would be fab gear rave. Let's keep our pinkies crossed that it won't be much longer.

Kevan

BTW It will be in the form of a downloadable file that will need to be transfered to a smartmedia card.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)