aaa Need help on Drum loops - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Need help on Drum loops

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             11-May-00  @  10:28 PM   -   Need help on Drum loops

swoosh666

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am a beginner in synths,midi and computer sequencer as just gotten my CS6X synth wonder if any experience people could advice me on how to create a drum loop in cubase or cakewalk
using the 8o8 drum kit in my cs6x..
Help will be greatly appreciate ,

thank you in advance for anyone who help :-)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             12-May-00  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: Need help on Drum loops

midem patliicak benm

i dont have cubase right now but as i remember there must be a "drum edit" in the "edit" pulldown menu.
you better search the manual for drum edit.

Message 3/5             12-May-00  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: Need help on Drum loops

k

well, does the cs6x have a GM drum setup?... i assume it does, but does it?... do ALL the available drum-kits load up in GM config ?.. if NOT, then first, you need to make a list on paper of all the drum sounds in the kit and their associated note numbers... when you have that, we can guide you to part_2 of the process

Message 4/5             12-May-00  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: Need help on Drum loops

Swift

CS6x is not GM but all drums sounds are assigned to individual notes so its pretty similar.
There is a list teloing you what sounds correspond to each note in the manual.If using Cakewalk go to the Piano Roll view and then click each note in turn and you will hear different drum sounds.Then all ya do is put the drum notes where you want them on the grid.

Message 5/5             11-Jun-00  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: Need help on Drum loops

captnnrg

Link?: Link

Actually it is simple...
First what you need is to create a performance with the CS6x that has your drum kit in it - or select a drum kit from the banks available - the drum editor is handy, but you don't need it.
Once you select a sound, clik RECORD and try to play what you want to record, if the timing is off, yo can quantize... I will try to get you a good example and post it on my site... Check it out there is a CS6x area...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)