aaa I really like the CS6x - arp fix?? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: I really like the CS6x - arp fix??

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             28-May-00  @  03:01 PM   -   I really like the CS6x - arp fix??

captnnrg

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I personally really like my CS6x. I just ordered the Vocoder plugin - as for the issue with the arpeggiator... Since the CS6x can send midi data for the ARP outm why not just record it (assuming you are using a computer) time correct the CS6x track and then just play it from the PC as you would normal music - That's what I did with my AN1x to give my CS1x some nice arp's... If you want to check out my music you can find it at NuNRG Productions (Indie dance label in the US)... http:\\nunrghome.musicpage.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             28-May-00  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: I really like the CS6x - arp fix??

G

Link?:  No link

I thought that the arp's supposed to send out midi notes, but I can't get it to work. It just spits out a few notes in my Seq. and then stops. Do you know what's the deal??

Message 3/6             29-May-00  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: I really like the CS6x - arp fix??

captnnrg

Hmmm... Not sure, actually haven't tried it myself on the CS6x, just got it Friday... Finished the manual and now I am ready to go - I will look and see what I can see... One thing I know is that you need need to set "AN ARP TRANSFER CHANNEL" - this is the same on the CS6x as on the AN1x... If you set the ARP channel then it should work....

Message 4/6             30-May-00  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: I really like the CS6x - arp fix??

Swift

Check out the CS6x users forum at-
http://www.teklab.com/forums/list.php3?num=13

I covered the ARP sending out notes in a post a few weeks back so you might have to search back a bit to find it.

Message 5/6             30-May-00  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: I really like the CS6x - arp fix??

captnnrg

Thanks Man... Just wondering - I am trying to get tech support on an issue I am having...

It appears performance made is the way to go for production. However, I have been unable to get more than one PERFORMANCE VOICE.... Just like the CS1x CS2x - one Super voice and 12 thin voices... Any thoughts... Is there some sysex command I am missing. I was under the impression, per people and YAMAHA that this synth would do 16 channels of "Perfomance Style Voices". Also How do I trigger samples - they don't seem to be accessible along with the synth features - it seems like I have to choose... Help!

Message 6/6             02-Jun-00  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: I really like the CS6x - arp fix??

staples

I just heard this news from my local Yamaha rep who was in Japan recently.

QUOTE:

I talked with the head designer dude and he said that they are very close to
being done with a minor version up that will address the arp delay and let
it start as fast as it can without the "waiting for the next accurate 32nd
note to sync to" function that's there now (it's kind of like the RM1X or
Roland groove box product concept in this regard)

The phrase "start as fast as it can" is a step in the right direction, whatever that implies I'll leave up to you ;-) We should hear or see something within a couple of weeks.

Kevan

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)