aaa voice/perf mode - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: voice/perf mode

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             13-Jun-00  @  03:44 PM   -   voice/perf mode

zajohnso

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi ya'll

I just got the Yamaha CS6x, so this may make no sense. Is there a way to setup or route the effects from one mode to another, or somehow achieve the same sounds heard in voice mode in perf. mode. For instance Sq:Hard road
in voice mode sounds nothing like it does in perf. mode. I'm trying to use w/cubase which requires the use of perf. mode.

ZJ

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             13-Jun-00  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: voice/perf mode

Arie

If I'm correct, it is only possible to use full effects on 1 part of the internal voices and on 1 plug-in part in the performance mode. I wish it was more, but I'm afraid that's the way it is. That's the reason why the patch sounds thin in perf. mode.
But you still have a global send for the reverb and chorus( which could be changed to delay, if you like).

Message 3/5             15-Jun-00  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: voice/perf mode

zajohnso

Thanks for the response,

Can you or anyone explain the insertion effects at all, when I set them on for a certain part and apparently only part, are they instantly applied to the particular voice I choose in that part. Voices of which each get a certain insertion effect 1&2 according to the data list booklet.

ZJ

Message 4/5             18-Jun-00  @  07:11 AM   -   RE: voice/perf mode

Arie

When you want to work within a Performance, it's best to initalize the performance first, so that you get a clean sleet (so to speak). You'll hear only a piano sound (if I'm correct). It will then be much easier to set up effects, etc. You can then setup which part has the insert FX (if you have a plug-in board installed, you get another insert FX for that part). I find the manual not too great, but you can find most of the things I explained in the manual. Good luck ;-)

Message 5/5             18-Jun-00  @  07:17 AM   -   RE: voice/perf mode

Arie

Almost forgot. How to assign the FX to a part:

Go to Perform edit.
Dail the page knob till you see EFF Part Common. Here you can assign which part has the insert FX.
And off you go... ;-)

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)