aaa I dropped my Synth and broke it :( - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: I dropped my Synth and broke it :(

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             07-Jul-00  @  11:31 PM   -   I dropped my Synth and broke it :(

michael

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

So yea I broke my synth to pieces. IT was a Roland G 800. Now I need to get only ONE trance/techno synth (which the roland wasn't at all) to make my stuff. I'm doing ok with midi, but i'm just an amateur. I want to get the Yamaha CS6X. Do you people think it's fairly easy to use for someone who has midi experience? For thoese of you who own one, does anyone even need to use an pc editor (ie cakewalk XG WORKS)??
I'm gonna buy it only if I get positive answers. Else I'll think of something else.
Oh and please, people working at Yamaha, don't tell me to buy it  

Michael
www.ravecontrol.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             08-Jul-00  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: I dropped my Synth and broke it :(

captnnrg

I am a dance music producer and love the CS6x. Tons of cool sounds plus it comes with the software to edit your own sounds and lots more. I just got the Vocal Harmonizer for it (it's also a great Vocoder). I am buying a second unit, rack this time, because I like it so much! (I don't work for YAMAHA) - Check out my site for the CS6x!

Message 3/5             08-Jul-00  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: I dropped my Synth and broke it :(

michael

Hey Captain NRG! I checked out your website already when I was looking for info on the CS6x. Someone told me that it doesnt have a sequencer, so that I have to use an external one (XG works lite) to make my songs. Well I can live with that, considering I never liked built in sequencers. Also I have a ROland G 800 and I use cakewalk 8, and i never got the channels 12 to 16 to work (or 12 to maximum amount of channels, i forgot the number). I think its some compatibility issue. But is the CS6X giving you that kind of trouble? Also where to get the Instrument def. for cakewalk?
Thanks

Message 4/5             09-Jul-00  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: I dropped my Synth and broke it :(

k

Link?:  No link

but isnt it like the other csx series, in that you can only have one 'special' sound on channels 1-4, then straight xg sounds on the other channels ??

Message 5/5             13-Jul-00  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: I dropped my Synth and broke it :(

99devils

Link?:  No link

As far as I know, yes. But you can expand it with the plug-in boards, so you can get AN and DX sounds out of her too, and it's got a built in phrase sampler, so a much more full featured synth.

BUT

For the cash, you could get a Kurzweil. Go search the music & tech chat threads for it, it was discussed to death a while back. Monster synth, wish I had one.

-Craig

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)