aaa Question about the SU700 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Question about the SU700

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             10-Jul-00  @  07:20 PM   -   Question about the SU700

b-psycho

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Can you program drums on an SU700?

I've been hearing conflicting things about it, with some people saying you can sample and reprogram drums and others saying that it's only a loop player, and I want to find out for sure. If you can program drums on it, then does it have anything on there where you could sample a drum loop and seperate it into individual drum hits, or would you have to use preloaded disks? I'm considering getting one, but first I have to know these things, as I cannot stand the thought of not being able to program my own drum tracks on it. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             17-Jul-00  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: Question about the SU700

b-psycho

Link?: Link

Hello? Anyone?

Message 3/7             18-Jul-00  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Question about the SU700

b-psycho

Link?:  No link

HELLO!? DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION!? YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET INTO A LOT OF DETAIL, JUST SAY "YES" OR "NO", THANK YOU.

Message 4/7             20-Jul-00  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: Question about the SU700

aloy

i'll help you.. yes you can sample individual drum hits and make your own pattern out of it or you can sample a drum loop.. you can't however divide a drum loop into parts.. you have to use Recycle or an a3k using the loop divide function..

hope this helps..

aloy

Message 5/7             22-Jul-00  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Question about the SU700

b-psycho

Yeah that helped.

It has convinced me that it is just for loops. Tha su ain't for my line of beats, that's for damn sure...

Message 6/7             23-Aug-00  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Question about the SU700

b-psycho

Well, is there anything similar that actually DOES have the capability of being able to chop up and program your own drums? With looping&effects in the same class as the SU-700?

See, I'm looking for something that I could use as a sample workstation, where I could sample a bunch of stuff, slice it up, filter the living hell out of it, reprogram, and form the entire mess into completely re-arranged loops. I plan on taking whatever I actually get and chopping&mangling samples to the point where I could get away with not clearing anything. It doesn't seem like anything fits what I want to do so far, as everything nowadays is either a severly crippled loop-player, or a glorified drum machine, or simply waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range for even considering. It sucks because the SU isn't made for actual programming, the ASR-X requires external sequencing to make up for the asscrack sequencer onboard, the MPC is overpriced for what it's truly capable of, and all of the rackmounts these days are over-featured simply so the companies can justify charging like $2000 for a damn sampler. What would come even close to what it is I WANT?

Message 7/7             26-Aug-00  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Question about the SU700

b-psycho

Actually, forget it.

I have a computer anyway, so if an ASR-X were to act up then I could always sequence it that way.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)