aaa help my ears before they leave me - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: help my ears before they leave me

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             15-Jul-00  @  05:32 PM   -   help my ears before they leave me

jj

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello yammy mammys, this question goes out to all the a3k users out there.

My a3k is too too too noisy. It emmits a remarkably, bearly audible, high frequency piercing tone, and it is driving me crazy. I can not put it in the next room, cause I need to use its interface, but I can't listen to it anymore. I was reading on the a3k forum about a cat who put a different fan in his a3k to quiet the noise. Though his process involved, I believe, soldering resisters into the power for the fan. Well, I balk at that, only cause I love my sampler, (despite the noise) and I'd hate to leave its fate in the hands of my soldering. Anyhow, the question is: Has anyone swapped out a fan in the a3k to reduce noise, and if so, where'd you get the fan, and how much, and thank you very much.

I have another question involving loading samples, in a3k native format, but I'll leave that for latter.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             17-Jul-00  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: help my ears before they leave me

jj

hellooo,

is this forum dead?

chirpchirp

chirpchirp

chirpchirp

Oh.

Message 3/5             17-Jul-00  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: help my ears before they leave me

99devils

Most likely it's the LCD. My Emu Darwin has the same problem, and Kawai K5000s are known for it too. There's nothing much you can do about it. Some people recommend opening up the box and disconnecting the backlight. Kills the noise, but also makes things harder to see :-)

-Craig

Message 4/5             18-Jul-00  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: help my ears before they leave me

jj

LCD! alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks 99.

Message 5/5             19-Jul-00  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: help my ears before they leave me

99devils

Use at your own risk... The noise _is_ annoying though, no?

-Craig

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)