aaa Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             18-Jul-00  @  03:33 PM   -   Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

toomas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi!

I own a CS2x and i need some cool ferry corsten sounds.

Have anyone made some i would be happy if you send them to me.

add me on ICQ if you have any cool trance sounds in style of rank1, dutchforce.

my ICQ#: 71538338

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             21-Jul-00  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

caduceus

I heard his trademark sound is a JP8080 super saw based sound.

Message 3/10             23-Jul-00  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

Pewe

Can the AN1X do hard SAW leadsounds like the JP-8080???

Message 4/10             23-Jul-00  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

0/d

Link?:  Link

it can do it better  

Message 5/10             24-Jul-00  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

Pewe

Does anyone have a demo of hard saw leadsounds from the AN1X? I´m in desperate need of a leadsynth and at the moment the JP8080 is the one I´m thinking of getting.

Message 6/10             29-Jul-00  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

Pewe

I played with a Roland JP8000 this week. Look no further if you want that Dutch trance sound. I´m getting the JP8080.

Message 7/10             06-Aug-00  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

mol8292

the AN1x also has a supersaw (and the PL board also has this)..the supersaw is nothing more than some detuned saw-tones playing at once....so if you have a synth that can multilayer and have a saw waveform you're set

Olaf

Message 8/10             12-Aug-00  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

Donno

The JP has that special "Roland" sound. I believe it´s the filters that does it.

Message 9/10             15-Aug-00  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

N

You could try getting a saw or PWM sound you like and layering another 2 on top - one detuned low and one high. Then add a tiny bit of overdrive, some delay and cap it off with a bit of reverb.

Most synths will do this even if you have to trigger the same sound on 3 different MIDI channels and use pitchbend to do it!

Message 10/10             24-Oct-00  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: Trance sounds in style of Ferry corsten neded

alphazone

Link?: Link

yes indeed the JP8000 super saw can give you that Ferry Corsten sound. As roland says, that super saw is seven sawtooths simultaneously, all detuned slightly +/- to make it a little thick. This sound on the JP8000 is a little thin and with the treble knob right there on the board (or rack in the case of 8080) you just crank up the treble a bit and you're close to that sound. Also the JP's have that cute delay knob right on there so crank in a little tempo dependant delay, find a good riff, and you're cruisin'
With that said I've owned both the JP8000 and JP8080 but I've sold both since. This Ferry Corsten sound we're talking about is the one thing I miss about my JP - other than that it's a bear to use, not to mention set up in your midi rig...I've got the Nova and the CS6x now, and I can still coax that sound out of them by layering sawtooths, detuing them by small amounts, and adding the proper treble and delays..

Brian

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)