aaa What is the difference with midi interfaces - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: What is the difference with midi interfaces

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Aug-00  @  09:29 AM   -   What is the difference with midi interfaces

swoosh666

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can an experience guy tell me what is the difference between a midi interface with SMPTE sync like the emagic AMT8 and one without like the yamaha UX256(I thought of getting this one)...
does ot really matters ...what advantages it offer if it has SMPTE sync
I will be using it with a computer running cubast VST5,Yamaha CS6X,korg prophecy,novation super bassstation with a midi controller keyboard...pls anyone that can give me any advice will be greatly appreciated..thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             29-Aug-00  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: What is the difference with midi interfaces

99devils

Link?:  No link

SMPTE is a timecode used in higher-end audio systems, some analog recorders, and video. If all you're doing is recording your dance tunes to hard disk, you probably won't need it. It comes into play when you're trying to sync multiple higher-end devices (like a ProTools rig with a 24-track analog recorder)

-Craig

Message 3/3             30-Aug-00  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: What is the difference with midi interfaces

CK

Link?: Link

Also, if you have a digital mixer with on-board automation, like the O2R you use it so that the automation can follow the sequencer.

It might be worth having simply because you never know what you might need in a couple of years time. The midiman USB Midisport 8x8 does all this at a much lower price point than the Emagic interfaces.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)