aaa A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             07-Oct-00  @  01:31 AM   -   A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs!

adams04

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all.
After waiting 4 a month i got fed up and called the dealer to cancel my order 4 an A3K with 32mb and the extra outs.
He calls me back and offers me a new A4000 plus 32Mb plus the extra outs.
Same price.I just said cool.Saved 400quid on the price of the A4000 and got the extra outs card for under 100quid.
Total 800quid.
Hope i,m going to be happy now.

Cheers Guru.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             07-Oct-00  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs!

0/d

Link?:  Link

jammy bastad  

Message 3/7             09-Oct-00  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs!

Jasper

yeah, bloody show-off.

if I see you in the playground I'm going to break your glasses and push you over.

Message 4/7             10-Oct-00  @  02:54 AM   -   RE: A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs!

adams04

That was tried a lot when i was little;the glasses kept coming home in a bag in bits,but u should have seen da udder guy.
Yeah,well,a guy deserves some breaks now an again.
Speaking of which,i,m still confused by this drive business.
I know i need scsi to transfer samples to and fro with my pc,but is the best advice still to buy an external scsi Zip drive?
I want to move my wav files from my hd to Zips.Then i want to use the cd,s that came with the A4K,here,i have a scsi cdr and an adaptor card,so i,m gzetting an scsi cable tomorrow to check that out.
I wondered if adding an internal scsi drive would ,now be cool,has the noise problem been sorted?
I just generally checked things out a bit today,wow what a great sound!!
Just want to be sure to buy the right storage device,then i,m cool.

Cheers Guru.

Message 5/7             10-Oct-00  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs!

Jasper

first thing to do is get down to www.a3kcentral.com and download the patch that stops windows screwing up your Ax000 drive when it sees it. (windows likes to write onto a sector of the drive as a kind of id for itself, however it will overwrite anything that is allready there. Unfortunately this is an area that yamaha use for it's own purposes so a drive effectively loses it's samples.)

Also there is some good info there about windows seeing your sampler at all (boot sequence etc).

Personaly I'd get a zip drive, my reason being it's easier to back your stuff up to another disk and put it somewhere safe. if your mostly using smallish samples then you'll find you don't use up the room too quickly. (I've still got 40megs left on my original 100meg zip 2 years on and it holds around 20 tracks worth of samples)

I'm not sure if a scsi hard drive is any quicker than a zip in an a4000 but this may be an issue for you.. personally (again) I've never though of zip as being slow.

how you finding it anyway? it seems wierd and backwards at first (the disk os allways will unfortunately) but then it sort of hits you how open ended it all is.

Message 6/7             10-Oct-00  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs!

adams04

Hi Jasper
Yeah i love the sound.
I just can,t get the answer i need.I spoke to Yamaha support in France,clueless!
My dealer told me a load of stuff about having to unplug the Zip,then switching off the A4K,then pluggin into the pc.He also said i could save as Wav files??
This all sounds wrong from what i,ve tried to grasp here.
I just need to buy a Zip,connect it to the A4K,buy a Yamaha cdrw and connect that in scsi too to the A4K.Then i need to use TWE or if i get Soundforge or Wavelab,i,ll want to send my samples via scsi to and from the PC.
So,how does all this connect??
Does the Zip have an In and an Out?
I must confess to being completely confused by conflicting advice!!!!!
Tell me exactly what you do please Jasper,i can,t see it at all.

Cheers Guru.

Message 7/7             11-Oct-00  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: A4000 for price of A3000+extra outs!

Jasper

heh, I just connect my a3k to the sampler and thats it.

I upload my samples via the floppy drive, now THATS slow. But i use the time to tweak the mw2 so it aint wasted.

I am getting a scsi card soon tho.. although I said that 2 years ago.

try this though..

http://www.samplelibrary.net/faq.php3?num=3&f_id=1&s_id=7

if that doesn't work try this

http://www.a3kcentral.com/FAQ/A3000/a3000.html

and follow the 'read faq' link then 'scsi' link.

sorry I can't help more.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)