aaa Copying Yamaha A4000 CDrom to internal HD - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Copying Yamaha A4000 CDrom to internal HD

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             16-Oct-00  @  10:48 PM   -   Copying Yamaha A4000 CDrom to internal HD

dubnubb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
I have an A4000 sampler and have a question about getting programs and samples off of a yamaha cdrom, in my SCSI cdrom, and onto the internal hrd drive of the A4000.
Is the quickest way to do it to load the programs into memory and then save to disc, or is there an easier way?
I had a look through the manual but couldn't find anything about it.
Thanks for any help

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             18-Oct-00  @  05:35 AM   -   RE: Copying Yamaha A4000 CDrom to internal HD

adams04

Actually,i think i read in the manual how to do this.Its faster to take the samples from the cd and save them to a drive yes.Yes,i think you,re right,you load into memory,then use Command to save it to a selected drive.
Check in Commands and Disk procedures.
Tell you what i didn,t find was the actual type of scsi 50 pin cable needed to connect to things.I found out there are 3 types of connector,so i borrowed a scsi cable to see which one fitted.
Its a small one ,a mini DB50M,not the big C50M or the other one which i didn,t get to try.
Reason i,m telling u is u might know why the Yamaha External cdrw is the only cdrw recommended,there is a big delay in delivery here in France,so i,m stuck waiting to try out the cd,s.
What cdrw u using?
I got my external Zip drive 250 yesterday,tho,and it has 25 pin Mini scsi connectors.So i need a cable with 2 sorts of plugs just to go from the A4K to the Zip.Then i,ll have to see what cable i need to go from the Zip to the cdrw,then another one to get into the pc ,which also takes a Mini DB50 like the A4K(i have an Acard scsi card which i hope will be ok as i have an internal cdr connected to it.)
Phew.

Cheers Guru.

Message 3/4             18-Oct-00  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: Copying Yamaha A4000 CDrom to internal HD

dee

adams;
so DB50M to DB50M is the cable that i should look for?
isnt "50 pin to 50 pin external SCSI connector" enough for a purchase?

Message 4/4             02-Nov-00  @  05:01 AM   -   RE: Copying Yamaha A4000 CDrom to internal HD

influx

Link?:  Link

as for savin..isnt there a backup function? My E4..I just hit backup in the disk menu, and it says "from where to where?" and then you can choose which banks to save and..

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)