aaa A3000 SCSI ZIP or Internal Hard Drive - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: A3000 SCSI ZIP or Internal Hard Drive

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             09-Nov-00  @  08:16 AM   -   A3000 SCSI ZIP or Internal Hard Drive

crcwalsh

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok.... I've got my A3K in at the shop getting a memory expansion, thank god no more 2meg!!!

However I'm really sick of using the disk drive so its time to get some external or internal storage.

What do you think? Some people say Zip is the only way to go, but others say internal. I've heard with the internal hard disks that there can be some problems, don't how true this is. Also what about just linking the A3K to my PC via SCSI.... is there problems there as well, do you nedd disky etc?

OK any input would be great on your set up and how it works.

thanks

Cal

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             09-Nov-00  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: A3000 SCSI ZIP or Internal Hard Drive

teemu

Link?:  No link

I have an internal HD in my A3000 and I haven't had any problems with it.
Installing was easy and it works like a dream.

Some people complain about the noise you sometimes get when you're loading samples but this is not a problem really. I mean, you don't load samples while you're recording a tune, right?

Message 3/3             09-Nov-00  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: A3000 SCSI ZIP or Internal Hard Drive

Jasper

Link?: Link

It aint as if the zip drives are quiet or anything either.

Convenient though to back up and that.

for the zip <-> a3000 <-> pc scsi setup, check out the above link and go to the FAQ. There are quite comprehensive details on the problems and solutions.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)