aaa A3K Loading Kits?? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: A3K Loading Kits??

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             16-Nov-00  @  12:33 PM   -   A3K Loading Kits??

crcwalsh

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just got a memory expansion on my A3K.... no more 2megs. I am woundering how I load two drum kits, I got both off the A3Kcentral site. Normally I just put in the disk and turn on the A3K, but now I've got the extra memory I want to load other drum kits but I can't work out how to do this..... any help would be great.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             16-Nov-00  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

hajee

on the a4000 you go to disk - program and then you select the disk/volume you whish to load from...this way you can load from any source i think...I presume the a3000 works in a very similar way sice the operationg systems are essentially the same.

Message 3/13             19-Nov-00  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

crcwalsh

OK.....well I think its a little
different on the A3K.... but I select
disk-volume and it will load a drum kit
into memory but it will clear the other
kit out of memory??? Can you have two
sample banks?

Message 4/13             19-Nov-00  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

0/d

Link?:  Link

loading a volume loads everything,programs,banks,sequences,fx everything and replaces the memory,just load a sample bank and the ones already in the memory should stay there.Its all in the manual(in between all the crap).

Message 5/13             20-Nov-00  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

crcwalsh

OK I must be blind..... but the manual
just gets me lost. So I push the 'disk'
button and then I've got program,
sample, sequence, volume, disk, and
import to choose from. I can load
samples into the A3K but not sample
banks. What function is there on the A3K
to load sample banks? Thanks once again.

Message 6/13             23-Nov-00  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

crcwalsh

can someone please reply..... I seriously can't work this out.

thanks

Message 7/13             23-Nov-00  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

0/d

OK,you know how the disk line of the contol panel is broken up......

to load a sample bank you go to the ~sample~ select menu,scroll down and you should see a long list of the disks contents(samples and sample banks),you should have sample banks at the top of the pile,followed by all the samples in alphabetical order.select the sample bank you want to load and press ~load~(as easy as that) if you don't want to load the whole bank load the individual sample you want.

Message 8/13             24-Nov-00  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

crcwalsh

OK..... I don't know what it is but the A3K in not recognising the samples or sample banks. Is it because I have got the samples off the A3Kcentral web site. A classic example I try and load the Big Beat V. 2 disks into the A3K, I press disk and sample, a 'Smp Load' display is shown above knob one, but for knobs 2 and 3 there is no list of samples. The only thing I can work out is that the kits were unziped using windows 98 and that when trying to load them the A3K doesn't recognise them, however if the disk is placed in the drive before the A3K is turn on, once swithch on it will them load up automatically.

thanks; confused A3K user, or very stupid A3K user.

Message 9/13             24-Nov-00  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

qwerty

I have done exactly what you have done (the same kit from the same site) without problem. I think you must be missing something pretty basic :-)

It definately has nothing to do with having got zipped samples of the web.

It sounds like you need to get out of the habit of loading up samples by turning the machine on with a disk in it.

Have you selected the floppy as the working disk and it's Volume as the working Volume before trying to list the drum sample (more likely a Samplebank as it is a kit)?

Message 10/13             24-Nov-00  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

Jasper

press 'disk' then 'sample' (f2) - if the samples are in a bank load the whole sample bank. if they are individual samples you can select 'all' to load every sample without overwriting anything.

you can also press 'disk' - 'program' (f1) to load a program from the floppy, but this will overwrite a similar numbered program, but won't lose the samples.

best tip though - buy a 100meg zip drive for dirt cheap. but you need the scsi interface on the a3k.. well worth it.

Message 11/13             25-Nov-00  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

crcwalsh

OK..... well this is strange..... I'm doing exactly what you guys are saying to do and still the A3K doesn't seem to recognise the Big Beat Kit. I press disk then function 2 to have the sample function, the only option I'm givin by the A3K is 'Smp Load' which when pressed takes you to the program screen.

Someone mentioned something about selecting the floppy as the working disk and it's Volume as the working Volume..... maybe this is the area I'm lost on.

thanks once again for you help.

Message 12/13             26-Nov-00  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

0/d

there must be something wrong with your machine or else there is something you haven't told us yet.Have you even got the floppy disk mounted?

Message 13/13             30-Nov-00  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: A3K Loading Kits??

Jasper

the big beat kit is spread over two disks.. you have downloaded both zip files from a3kcentral.com ?

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)