aaa O1V EG OR COMP - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: O1V EG OR COMP

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             20-Nov-00  @  09:06 AM   -   O1V EG OR COMP

ben

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hope someone can help me on this i have a O1V and i wana make my sound fatter if i can by useing something like a compressor,eq or some tube enhancer but i dont know wich way to go has any one else done this what did you use or have any of you got any advise on what i should be looking for just a little unsure as to what way i should go thanks for any feedback

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             21-Nov-00  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

ben

anyone wana help ill be your mate

Message 3/12             22-Nov-00  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

v

post it to the main forum or the mixing forum,theres loads of helpfull 01v type chaps in there.

Message 4/12             22-Nov-00  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

ben

ive done that

Message 5/12             22-Nov-00  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

k

why doncha just experiment?... if you wanna know more about compression see the COMPRESSOR page in the FX-RACK section on the top drop-down Dancetech-Selektor

Message 6/12             23-Nov-00  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

ben

i do but im not going to make my sound fatter if i got nothing to do it with i realy do need a compresser of some sort of enhancer i fuk about as much as i can in fact thats all i seem do..... ill have read on that one cheers

Message 7/12             25-Nov-00  @  06:26 AM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

99devils

If you have an O1V you have compressors onboard for all 16 channels in an unexpanded mixer. What specifically do you mean by fatter? Do you want to fatten an individual synth sound? Or add bottom to your mix? Or what? You have to be more specific  

There's also two FX processors on board, so experiment with that. Try some subtly overdrive on a bass patch or your kick drums...

There's no short cut. Just do it. And do it. And do it. And... You get the picture...

I'm still learning myself  

-Craig

Message 8/12             12-Dec-00  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

ben

No one will read this I think it's old now...But to craig I do mess around a lot I've had my gear for about two years and I've not even finished one track is that sad or what but I fill the bottom end is a bit thin. The tops no problem just wana add that little bit exstra to the mix and the compresson on the O1V is hardly fatt yeh it compresses but well.....I know it's down to my mixing being crap but when you try and add a little bit to the bottom end with the EQ it don't sound right to me I just wana bring the levels up without EQ... all the best pal

Message 9/12             13-Dec-00  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

Jasper

spl vitalizer?

multi band compressor?

you can do a lot by loading a track in to the pc and processing it with some plugins.

in fact you'd be suprised at how lifeless a lot of 'professional' stuff sounds prior to mastering.

just concentrate on getting a good balanced mix. stuff like hi frequency expansion and other gumph can get done later.

but the spl vitalizer is supposed to be a good pre-mix unit (150 quids). - ive got an aphex 104 - but it's mainly for post mastering..

Message 10/12             13-Dec-00  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

Rowboffin

Focusrite Compounder maybe? Never used one but its got some bass enhancement thingy on it so it could help... Plus the compounder will be more useful for more obvious compression, whereas the 01Vs dynamics are definitely more suited to transparent gain control in my experience.

Message 11/12             13-Dec-00  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

ben

cheers I have been looking at the focusrite and the spl...and I might go for both I think maybe the focusrite will be very good for my bass and kik..and then stick the spl on the stereo out's I'll only be useing the spl to bring the bottom up a bit no more...do you think this sound's o.k or am I over doing thing's.. I'm thinking of getting the tube spl and it ant cheap...I'm not sure which way to go I mean if I ever get a track done then I'll get it mastering anyway and maybe doing that will fatten thing's up or dos'nt it realy work like that...I suppose you have to get it sounding pretty good before hand..Hmmm

Message 12/12             19-Dec-00  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: O1V EG OR COMP

99devils

Yes, the mastering engineer can fatten
your bottom end during mastering.

This might seem obvious, but have you
tried EQing the main outs?

-Craig

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)