aaa Samples cutting off. Help ! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Samples cutting off. Help !

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             30-Nov-00  @  02:59 PM   -   Samples cutting off. Help !

peter.grammenos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Simple question i'm sure but i'm new to all this sampling stuff  

I created a sequenced [ in cubase ] bassline and have it mapped to its own program in my a4k and have a controller keyboard to trigger the samples. Problem is when I trigger a sample from cubase the entire sample doesn't finish playing, instead it gets cutoff at note release.

How do I setup one-shot samples that play through when triggered ???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             30-Nov-00  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Samples cutting off. Help !

Jasper

Link?:  No link

three ways.

1) play a note long enough to play the full sample.

2) set the sample trigger to 'one shot' (edit -> sample (two or three turns of knob 1 for the right screen).

3) set the amp envelope release to 0.

Message 3/4             30-Nov-00  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Samples cutting off. Help !

peter.grammenos

Link?: Link

Cool. Thanks.

So if I trigger a bass sample in one-shot mode that sustains for two measures and trigger the same sample again one measure into the other, will both play and overlap one another?

Message 4/4             01-Dec-00  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: Samples cutting off. Help !

Jasper

Link?:  No link

yup!

but not if you've put the sample in a group (on the midi input screen) or made the sample mono.

any samples that have the same group number will not play at the same time.. usefull for hihats.. give em all the same number and then trigger a really busy pattern to see what I mean.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)