aaa Midi problems with A3000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Midi problems with A3000

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             10-Jan-01  @  11:11 PM   -   Midi problems with A3000

Paul_P_Beales

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have an A3000(32mb with Zip drive) and an ensoniq ASR-x(32mb 8 outs), hooked via a portman PC/P serial midi interface to a IBM laptop (Windows 98 150Mhz 96Mb Ram). I dont use a controller Keyboard, i just hook up the yamaha directto the laptop using the in/outs and use the Thru port for the ASR. The problem is when i set up say 3 drumloops on separate Keys but the same channel. all are tempo matched on a PC, but they dont play in time on the Yamaha. I find i have to fine tune them even though on the computer they are identical BPMs

When i load them into the ASR its perfect!. Can someone help me sort out my timing problems - is it the Laptop or the Yamaha with the probs. The ASR is notoriuos for timing issues but not as bad as this!

I'm going crazy coz i need this set-up to play live using the Laptop and at this rate im getting nowhere.
omeone offer me divine inspiration on this issue
Dave

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             11-Jan-01  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Midi problems with A3000

Jasper

I'm having trouble understanding the problem fully, your saying that in the a3k some of the samples pitch changes so you have to re-tune them? or are you saying that the timing is generally not perfect? (so tight rythms become loose).

If it is the tuning thing I aint got a clue myself, I'd be suprised if two samples with the same length/frequency play at different speeds.

One fix for the a3k's less than perfect response is to place the samples into a bank. apparantly the a3k will allways know where the samples are in this case. whereas if they are not in a bank the a3k has to look for them each time it receives a message. strange or what?

Message 3/6             15-Jan-01  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: Midi problems with A3000

Dougal

Could it be anything to do with their root note setting?

Message 4/6             20-Jan-01  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: Midi problems with A3000

CK

Sounds like you need set pitch to off otherwise they will play back slightly faster on the higher notes, slower on the lower notes.

Message 5/6             22-Jan-01  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Midi problems with A3000

Jasper

bloody hell yeah, one of those question with a really simple answer.

Message 6/6             25-Jan-01  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: Midi problems with A3000

teemu

Just set the base keys of the loops to something like c3, d3, e3 or whatever are the notes you are using with them. I find it rather strange that you hadn't thought of this as this is the way samples always play by default in every rack-mount sampler I've seen.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)