aaa 8080 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 8080

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             04-Apr-00  @  08:54 AM   -   8080

Rob (rak3889

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok so I'm thinking of saving up for the jp-8080. I've played with a virus, and the 8080 and tend to like the sounds of the 8080 better. Yes the virus can do more, but the 8080 for some reason tended to sound ...warmer (dare i say). Anyways this isn't a which one should I buy post, my question is does anyone think ROland will move the price down on the JPs at all? I mean pricewise it's still up there with the newer VAs yet it lacks many of those features. Anybody think ROland will drop the $ perhaps, or will they continue to be bloodsuckers?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             06-Apr-00  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: 8080

hajee

I personally expect to jp's to go down the same road as the yammy an1x... Once it get's dicontinued some shops will sell their last stock for extremely low prices...I saw the an1x drop it's price by 50% in one year after remaining relatively stael for quite a while. I bought mine for about 550$ or so which is pretty cheap here.

So if i where you i'd wait for a while and see what prices are going to do.

Message 3/6             06-Apr-00  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: 8080

uvc

Rob i'm sure they will drop it, because for about 12 months in Australia the JP8080 has been substantially cheaper than a Virus - $3795, Nova $2995, JP8080 you can get for about $2100-2300.
They have been selling really well because of this.

Message 4/6             07-Apr-00  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: 8080

R-Tek

Yeah, in the UK they`re about £150 less (roughly $250US) and I expect prices 2 fall (Roland r bound 2 bring out a new VA).

Good 4 u BTW, 4 trusting your ears and thinking 4 yerself regarding VAs.

Message 5/6             07-Apr-00  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: 8080

Swift

In the lastest issue`s of SOS and FM there are a lot of places selling them for between £649 and £690 UK.

Message 6/6             13-Apr-00  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: 8080

Jason

You wont be disapointed. I own the 8080 and yes it may lack in features compared to the Virus or Supernova but the sound is sweet and it has alot of it. I bought mine for $1300 us but that was when it was still fairly new. Oh and if you can check out those Korg Electribes the ER1 and EA1. Its Korgs answer to Rolands old XOX's in sequencer style and sounds good doing it too plus they arent gonna cost you a $1000 a piece either.

later

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)