aaa sox on mp3.com (at last) - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: sox on mp3.com (at last)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             08-Nov-99  @  07:39 PM   -   sox on mp3.com (at last)

sox

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I've finally made the plunge and put a track on the 'net. The URL is http://www.mp3.com/bobbysox
The track was recorded live to Mini-Disc at my studio with VST running the sequences and us (Spannerman and I) playing over top. The loops running behind are my own as I've stopped using other peoples. The drums are unquantised so be prepared for the music to breathe a bit.

It's not one of our best tracks but it gives an idea of what I do. I'm planning on uploading some stronger material in the next couple of weeks so check back soon.
Let me know what you think

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             08-Nov-99  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: sox on mp3.com (at last)

fresh

Link?:  No link

Nice drumming Sox. Looking foreward to hearing more from you.

Message 3/6             11-Nov-99  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: sox on mp3.com (at last)

k

shit - since they removed the RA audio, I cant listen to anything really - the mpeg players fuck with my audio on the pc - never seems to stream right also

Message 4/6             12-Nov-99  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: sox on mp3.com (at last)

sox

Did you try the Real Player G2? Seems to work ok on mine.

Message 5/6             13-Nov-99  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: sox on mp3.com (at last)

k

i cant even get thru to get a file the whole site is well fucked up - it just keeps cycling me round and round forms to add in junk like postcodes - what???

Message 6/6             13-Nov-99  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: sox on mp3.com (at last)

sox

It puts a cookie on your computer which lets it know which artists you've downloaded. I think it's to stop people taking the piss and downloading their own tracks hundreds of times to fudge the statistics.
I'm not sure why it wants postcodes though.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)