aaa Something New and Different - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Something New and Different

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             13-Nov-99  @  07:49 PM   -   Something New and Different

Delta Sleep

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was sitting and wondering the other day, have all the beats that can be made, already been made? is this all there is for beats from here on out? if it is, over emphazing on beats seems foolish, as they can only be worked so far, i want to see electronic music take a new direction--- melody. Yes melody folks, you know you're all terrified of it, its unglamourous, and doesn't ever get any recognition in our field. I think a rebirth of melodic electronica could really get the ball rolling again, think "Switched on Bach"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             13-Nov-99  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: Something New and Different

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

to me the most creative beats now without a doubt is coming from dancehall & especially dancehall crox-over when the JA boys get together with the westcoast crews... ninjaman, gostface (various) buster rhymes crossovers.. the drum programming is fucking phenomenal - but it's too bad bwoy music and also too politically uncorrect to get the coverage of other genre's - check any 'dance' magazine - Now show me a dancehall section !!?....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)