aaa Atari 1040 st and MIDI - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Atari 1040 st and MIDI

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             02-Dec-99  @  02:32 AM   -   Atari 1040 st and MIDI

atari315

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone here still using an Atari for sequencing? I am using Cubase and Notator. (just got the notator) Does anyone know if the atari can sequence my synths in realtime? For example, If I tweak the filters on my supernova while recording on the atari, how can I record those filter movements. I am currently using the wheel on my controller (asr10) but its not the same......Anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             02-Dec-99  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: Atari 1040 st and MIDI

sox

Link?:  Link

Sorry dude, but you've posted your message into the wrong forum. Try the Music/tech chat forum  

Message 3/6             02-Dec-99  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Atari 1040 st and MIDI

fresh

I use the Atari 1040ST extensively for drum programming. I have Cubase but havn't really put it to as good use as my SWEET 16 program. Yes you can record all knob movements and play them back effortlessly. You can remap controller 10 to any MIDI controller you want. Very reliable solid system. Portable too.

Message 4/6             02-Dec-99  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Atari 1040 st and MIDI

ATARI315

HEY FRESH, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY REMAPPING CONTROLLER 10 THO? PLEASE HELP....IVE BEEN TRYIN TO FIGURE THIS OUT ON MY OWN FOR MONTHS. IN THE MEANTIME, IVE ONLY BEEN USING THE WHEEL ON MY ASR10. THANX,
ATARI315

Message 5/6             03-Dec-99  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: Atari 1040 st and MIDI

fresh

In Cubase 3.01 there is a menu called 'MIDI Setup'. In there you will find a window that allows you to REMAP controller "X" to controller "X". I'm not sure if you have this in your version but you should. Then what you want to do is to put your ASR 10s' MIDI out into the MIDI in of the 1040st. Now whenever you use your mod wheel, you can record your movements as the assigned controller into Cubase and actually have them sent (using the THRU function in Cubase) out the Atari and back into all of your gear like the Supernova. I'm not sure if this is new info for you but it's exactly what I do in order to use my big ol' mod wheel for filter sweeps rather than the little (Supernova being no exception) knobs on the synths.

Message 6/6             03-Dec-99  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: Atari 1040 st and MIDI

atari315

fresh....thanks, ill try it tomorrow...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)