aaa drum kits on the rmx-1 - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: drum kits on the rmx-1

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             17-Jan-00  @  08:35 PM   -   drum kits on the rmx-1

trance

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

how are the kits and what kinds of music are they best for writing. what are your opinions thankx.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             29-Jan-00  @  03:33 AM   -   RE: drum kits on the rmx-1

nucleonic

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Some of the basic drum sounds are ok.
The actual kits are divided into 'style categories'. Stuff like "drumnbass, jungle, breakbeat, house, tekno".

But basically, each kit has the same hats, cymbals, bass, 'noises' etc., with maybe only a few snare variations, or bass attacks causing variances b/w the styles.

I mainly like playing with old jazz standards on guitar (to the irrecognisable stage), and evolving them into a drumnbass-type sounding tracks. I'm therefore mainly interested the drumkits that allow for that type of stuff. For simple two-step'ish' beats, some of the snares are nice and compact and the basses fairly tight.

There is nothing particular huge and raw - you'll have to sample. However you can use the effects component of the RM1x to augment some of the drum sounds.

n u c l e o n i c

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)