aaa Help with Funk beat - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Help with Funk beat

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             20-Jan-00  @  03:21 PM   -   Help with Funk beat

david

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, I am a newbie to this kind of music, and I am having a time trying to get this beat down. If you have heard any of the electronic func from the 80's, you have heard this beat.

It basically goes
(BOOM) (SNARE) (BOOM) (SNARE) (BOOM) (SNARE) (BOOM) (BOOM) (BOOM) then back to the start...

If you have heard of World Class Wreckin Crew, Egyptian Lover, Freestyle, KLM then you have heard this beat. I can almost get it down, but there are some delays in there that are not right on the note or something. And I have no clue where the BPM should be...

Can anyone help. I can post a WAV file ( or give a link to one ) of some stuff I have ripped from some CD's with this on it.

Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             21-Jan-00  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: Help with Funk beat

Ellipsis

Link?:  Link

not quite sure what you are asking for...drumming advice???...or is it sample re-arranging adivece...or midi advice...if you have a wav...and it aint to complicated i can put it into a midi real quick for ya

Message 3/6             21-Jan-00  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: Help with Funk beat

david

I guess I should have been more specific on what I needed!   OK, I use Fruity Loops alot, so I am really trying to get it ( or any drum-machine ) to produce this beat. I can send you a wav file, but where/how would you like it? I really haven't used MIDI much for doing techno/dance music. How does it compare to using a groove box type of system? ( Like Fruity Loops ). Most of what I have done is using Fruity Loops and ACID.
Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it!

Message 4/6             21-Jan-00  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: Help with Funk beat

k

real-audio posted up somewhere is good enuff for us to hear a beat

Message 5/6             21-Jan-00  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: Help with Funk beat

Ellipsis

Link?:  Link

cant fruity import midi????....midi is, basically, just a format that stores not information...it is what you do with it that counts...midi does not have sounds...midi controls devices that make sounds...if you wanna use a beat, then y not just sample it???...btw...mp3 layer compression is best, but any codec is fine for me...send to the address above..

Message 6/6             21-Jan-00  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: Help with Funk beat

deltasleep

hey try this. i love fruityloops

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)