aaa Minimal Bangn Techno. - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Minimal Bangn Techno.

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             02-Feb-00  @  10:52 PM   -   Minimal Bangn Techno.

XXX

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Everyone on the site only talks about breaks (inclding D'n'B, Jungle), house or trance. Is anyone into what we here in Melbourne call bangin techno, tribal, minimal whatever. This style is dark maily drum orientated with huge driving basslines, cutting hats, and explosive ride cym's and extremely miminal use of synths. Its the hardest style I've heard, artists which come to mind are Adam Bayer, Cari Lekabush, LukeSlater (records not albums his style is complety different on record) even Jeff Mills.

Since this music is so "drummy" I thought it would be good in this forum. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If they do could you share some hard drivin' grooves with everyone.

I've included one of my favorate starting points below.
If you try it add very subtile lfo's to every thing and keep the hats long short long etc... I had no room to add claps which should be on 5 and 13.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             11-Feb-00  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Minimal Bangn Techno.

pongoid

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I'm in Melbourne, and I know what you are talking about. Call me at 0401020732 if you want to talk. I've been playing all over this town for the past month and know the sound well. Others should learn about it.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)