aaa Jasper: Loop timing Off - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Jasper: Loop timing Off

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             26-Sep-00  @  05:48 PM   -   Jasper: Loop timing Off

chris

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey Jasper, or anyone else who may have an answer to this question. I am resampling Loops in my a4k, but when i go to play them back they don't trigger on time. Usually i think they are a bit late, point is, when i convert parts of the loop to 2 or 4 bar patterns they never seem to trigger on time. I remeber you mentioned this problem in an older discussion, i beleive you mentioned trimming 196 Mls off the tip of the loop. Well i was hoping you might give me more info on the reason this is happening, so i can figure out how to go about resolving this issue. I tried 196 and i think it helped but i'm not sure it was synced properly yet. I figure if i knew more, as to the cause of this problem, i could more coherently find the correct setting and continue to use that formula from now on to make my loops fit correctly. I am using the automatic trigger way of recording.

i was at first immediatly chopping all the initial head room off, slicing precisely to begining of the loop, and then triggering the loop from the correct spot in the measure; i.e., down to the 16th note, but that was makeing the loops trigger way too early. They ended up stuttering into one another. Sorry so long but i figure the more detail the better.

Cheers
Chris

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Sep-00  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Jasper: Loop timing Off

try 2

Me thinks me figured it out. I had the loops shuffled slightly, and many of them started on a shuffled 16th note. I think when i was triggering the loop i fogot to allow for exact replication of shuffled start. That make sense?

Message 3/4             27-Sep-00  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: Jasper: Loop timing Off

Jasper

sort of. make sure you have zero seek on when your trimming samples. Start with a jump of 100 and start searching for the start of the sound, when the value gets to a non-multiple of 100, change the jump value to 10 or 1 and start moving backwards. it's also easier to audition the sample at a lower note, -36 or something on the tuning.. makes it easier to hear if your near the start of the sound or not.

hope this helps.

Message 4/4             29-Sep-00  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: Jasper: Loop timing Off

CK

If you've got the sampler attached by SCSI to a PC then suck the sample into the tinywave editor to see where the sound starts, chances are that you'll be able to edit it and send it back, or work out the offset. On the A3000 the find start function on the sampler doesn't always quite get it right, I don't know if it's any better on the new ones, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. Oh and you might be able to see it on the Sampler display, but maybe not.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)