aaa Snare Rolls - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Snare Rolls

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             02-Oct-00  @  04:24 PM   -   Snare Rolls

spectraphonix

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

To me d&b breaks are all in snare rolls and so called rudiments.What's about it?You guys use are used to sample it or program?
I wait your answers!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Oct-00  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: Snare Rolls

nunchucks

i use them both at the same time. the sampled roll has been high passed filtered really strong so you can really only here the the chains and not really the hits. then with the programing i divide the roll up into sets of two. alternating with two louder and then two softer plus filtering and very slight pitching. you really do need to program them well though. i really only use the sampled part for a little added realism.

Message 3/4             04-Oct-00  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Snare Rolls

spectraphonix

nunchucks
I often sample snrolls from jazz recs(Elvin Jones expecially).When i hear it on the records they sounds good but after having sampled it they lost that cool sound.Have you any tip about it??
Thanx and see ya..

Message 4/4             11-Oct-00  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Snare Rolls

wallybsiii

Link?: Link

I say program them. If you don't have a 32 step grid at 180 bpm with whatever you're using, up it to 360 bpm and program bar over 2 16 step measures. To make the roll, simply start with the first drum sound at a low velocity (1-20) and with each 32nd note increase it by slight intervals so that the final hit is at 127 bpm. It works...and it's really not difficult(at least with the RM1x I'm using). I got a track with a bunch of rolls all over the place in 5/4 up at my site...it's called "Rewired" check it out if you wanna see what I mean, and if you're not looking for that sound, then sorry to waste your time. Peace out....

Evan

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)