aaa Using Cubase for funky garage - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Using Cubase for funky garage

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             09-Oct-00  @  11:48 PM   -   Using Cubase for funky garage

microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Using Cubase for funky garage? I know there are facilities for getting that shuffly, loose feel on the percussion in Logic. How do u get that Masters At Work feel in Cubase. Any tips?

love
the lovedoctor

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             10-Oct-00  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: Using Cubase for funky garage

teemu

Link?: Link

There are 2 ways to do this

The easy way: don't use straight quantization, use something else, like 16T or the special groove quantizations (I'm not sure if Cubase has those though, I don't use it.)

The hard way: DIY. Don't place all the notes in exact beats, put some of the between the beats. It takes a lot of work to make it sound right but hey, making music is hard work anyway.

There is also a third way... find a good drummer. =)

Message 3/4             10-Oct-00  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Using Cubase for funky garage

k

i didnt check out VST V5 groove quatise templates... but you want to add a 16th groove shuffle template - in Logic it is 16d or 16c in vst I dunno. just try them on the hat pattern and see which suits. also there is some midifile garage grooves i added in the files section on main drumgroove threads page of this section you can use as a template - (left side text column, bottom)

Message 4/4             11-Oct-00  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: Using Cubase for funky garage

Jasper

you can also use the strength percentage in logic.. so if you want something between swingc and swingd try swingd at 50%.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)