aaa Any Midi File web sites to recommend? - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             10-Oct-00  @  04:14 PM   -   Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

boxwell

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know of any good sites where I can download free MIDI Drum tracks. I would prefer ones that split the file into the seperate drums. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Graeme

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             11-Oct-00  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

Jasper

Link?:  No link

yeah, if you click your back button and scroll to the bottom of the drum groove forum threads page you'll see a tab with 'view all files uploaded' or something similar.. k has kindly loaded up a punnet full of various styles,

Message 3/15             11-Oct-00  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

k

ha ha - ' a punnet' - ! wimbledon beats ?

Message 4/15             12-Oct-00  @  08:57 AM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

H

why not program your own?

H

Message 5/15             12-Oct-00  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

boxwell

Don't know how. Any idea where there are any tutorials on how to do it?

Message 6/15             12-Oct-00  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

Jasper

well what are you using? or will you be using..

here's a tip .. 'get a sampler'

just mess about with kick/snares/hats for a day or two. You'll pick it up.

Message 7/15             12-Oct-00  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

boxwell

Love to be able to 'get a sampler!' but I don't have that sort of lolly! Got a midi controller keyboard, cubase, sounforge, fruityloops,etc. So software sampler either I'm afraid!!
HEEELPP

Message 8/15             12-Oct-00  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

Jasper

well fruity loops will do what you need to learn the basics.

It pretty mutch acts like a standard sampler minus some features.

as for tutorials - well this site is good for that, just use the search engine for things like 'techno', 'house', 'dnb' etc.

I've seen pretty mutch everything covered here over the years.

Message 9/15             12-Oct-00  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

boxwell

Thnaks for all your help. I'm not bad with fruityloops now. I've also learned how to program MIDI drums into Cubase myself and with a bit of practice may get some nice wee beats soon. Thanks again.

Graeme

Message 10/15             13-Oct-00  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

k

well, grab some of the midifile beats here, drop em into cubase, then use those as templates to analyse the swing/quantise etc and modify them for your own use.

Message 11/15             24-Oct-00  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

J

There are plenty of midi files around to buy.
try keyfax.com they have many to chose from including
Twiddly bits as well.

Message 12/15             24-Oct-00  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

Jasper

be warned tho that they are seriously basic.

the techno ones are like.. 4 kicks, 4 hats and 2 claps in the obvious places.

Message 13/15             30-Oct-00  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

dan

yeh, those midifiles are more trouble than they're worth IMO.

I got handed a disk with a few on, they were basic, plus a pain to import and get set up for your sampler. Much better to get into programming your own beats.

If you wanna do dance music, you need to learn how to program beats (so that people can dance to them!)

loops are cool, live breaks are cool, but you need to learn how to make a midi groove I reckon.

dan

Message 14/15             01-Nov-00  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

boxwell

MIDI Groove? That's a new one on me. Please tell me more. Where can I learn about these?

Cheers

Graeme

Message 15/15             02-Dec-00  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Any Midi File web sites to recommend?

valdemara

does anyone know where its possible to find Twiddly beats for free

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)