aaa set up advise - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: set up advise

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             25-Oct-00  @  09:42 PM   -   set up advise

chrismee007

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

can anyone help? ive been recording stuff for about a year on a fostex fd8 multitracker, effects unit, small crappy sampler and a not so good midi keyboard. ive recently got my pc and have been coming up with some wicked stuff on fruity loops,at the moment i record everything on my fd8 but i am seriously looking at cubase although i dont really know fuck all about it. WHAT CAN CUBASE DO FOR ME? what should i buy next? plus any other advise on pc music would be very very usefull. i forgot to mention i play guitar and bass so advice on putting these sounds into my pc would be good to. cheers , chris

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             26-Oct-00  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: set up advise

0/d

Link?:  Link

sell the multitracker,get a nice soundcard and mixer,you can then multitrack on cubase,use your samples ,sync fruity loops,have a good interface for keyboard.

Message 3/7             27-Oct-00  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: set up advise

k

well... you cant sync fruity it has to be master - check out the LM9 review on the frontpage, i can tell you that plus rewired rebirth makes a MASSIVE arsenal for drums when you add the further power of loops on audio tracks, all mixed down on dedicated channels with fx & eq... and then there is other synth type vst instruments a-plenty and other drums too like the LM4 (bigger sister) & the SC-drums etc... then there is rebirth 'mods' which add new drums sounds like having a new drum box... you can make tracks in vst with nothing else if you are realistic about the music you are making...

Message 4/7             30-Oct-00  @  04:34 AM   -   RE: set up advise

H

Keep the multitracker and buy cubase.Then when you figure out it's more useful as a sequencer you have a sequencer and a Hard Disk recorder.

Don't sell the FD-8 get an ADAT card and use the FD-8 to interfase within cubase then you can record live sounds and drop them into cubase to edit or mixdown w/ bye.

Message 5/7             30-Oct-00  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: set up advise

Analog Turkey

LM9 is that free?LM4 takes 90 or so free megabytes of memory to run w/ cubase and rebirth it wont run on a machine w/128MB of RAm.is Lm9 for the Mac is it just a grid so I can make grid beatz in my mac and drop em in the S5000 or MPC?i guess icould go to steinberg net and check it out.I hope it's a standard VST plug in cause my TC software has a modular and they've got a fat MERCURY 1 synth.All in all I do think that the pro % plug in sounds like a prophet it's just a lil smooth and more stable or something.but it' definitely not warmer cause my friend has areal P5 and we A/Bd em.this is drum grooves so i'll shut up.If I could get a drum machine and a 16 step seq that comes w/ the TC editor I won't ever have to open that blasted cubase again.ha ha ha ha

Latency sux grids are funner.

Message 6/7             30-Oct-00  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: set up advise

damballah

Link?:  Link

h: it only takes that kind of memory if you load up the huge ass wizoo kits which are 24 bit and have many velocity-switched layers

Message 7/7             30-Oct-00  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: set up advise

k

sure, you dont have to use all the slots in a kit, just what you need which'll be 2-3mb or so max for most average dance kits

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)