aaa Drum Machines,any comments. - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Drum Machines,any comments.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             06-Nov-00  @  09:59 PM   -   Drum Machines,any comments.

splank96

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm thinking of sinking money into the Ensoniq ARS-X Pro,but i hear it is rather a @#$% ^itch to really dig deep and use the machine to its potential.Does anyone have any comments on the machine.There is just something so damn aappeling about it.ARS-x opposed to software,909(I know,Iknow),Yamaha drum machines,the Electribe ER-1,even.Any feedback,I'm die'n here.Donka Shon.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             06-Nov-00  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Drum Machines,any comments.

k

search and read the ensoniq forum.. it's all there and you might think twice after reading it

Message 3/9             07-Nov-00  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: Drum Machines,any comments.

H

Get the MPC the ASR-X bites.The mpc seems plain and simple but don't let it fool you.

The king of the newschool beat machines is the MPC2000XL,oldschool 808.My MPC is a LINN/VISCOUNT/SIMMONS/808.it's dope.you need visual editing of the waveform to get the samples right.

Message 4/9             08-Nov-00  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Drum Machines,any comments.

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

If you want a drum machine, get and Xbase09.

Ape

Message 5/9             09-Nov-00  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: Drum Machines,any comments.

SB

Link?: Link

Go here for everything you need to know about the ASR-X pro.

Message 6/9             09-Nov-00  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: Drum Machines,any comments.

H

Xbase is nice but the hats are too 909 for me are they still the same?does the airbase have 808 hats.The jomox has good hat sounds don't get me wrong but if it's analog i need the pure 808 hats more than the 909 hats.Although i like the pitch tricks you can do to the Xbase.I wish they had 808 hats and i would get it again cause i'm sure all the bugs are worked out and i won't have to talk to the german genius who made it just to figure out why things are the way they are.John van Nest didn't know a thing about it when i got it from him so i had to do broken english tech support but I am used to it now because i like the TC Works guys in Germany better for tech support on Spark.

so basically does the airbase have the 808 hats?The MPC would thank me for 1 of those.

Message 7/9             09-Nov-00  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: Drum Machines,any comments.

nobody

of course it (the airbase) has 808 hats! also 909, cr78 & jomox sample. but you might want a noise gate for the snare (i know i do)

Message 8/9             09-Nov-00  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: Drum Machines,any comments.

Pongoid

Yeah, I wish the Xbase had more hats sounds too, but....that's what my sampler is for, and I can build some decent hats with the Q as well.  

Ape

Message 9/9             10-Nov-00  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: Drum Machines,any comments.

Jasper

nothing cuts through a mix quite like a fucked up FM hihat eh?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)