aaa HELP - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: HELP

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             25-Nov-00  @  10:14 AM   -   HELP

chrismee007

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

can anyone help, well i know u can. firstly what is an adat card? secondly will my 200hz 32ram 10 gig pc run one of the newer versions of vst? thirdly can i use my fd8s internal ide hard drive to record on from cubasis and forthly are there any good live chat sites that are based on this sort of thing. cheers, chris

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             25-Nov-00  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: HELP

damballah

Link?:  Link

1) The ADAT/EDIT card is a PCI card for PCs and Macs. It gives you ADAT lightpipe I/O. That's 8 channels from a lightpipe equipped device and 8 channels back. It also has ADAT sync in and out connectors. Used with the included ADAT Connect software, you can make sample-accurate transfers between the computer and ADAT(s). It also comes with ADAT Edit software, which is a version of Emagic's MicroLogic. Using this, or any other, digital-audio sequencer or editor, you can use an ADAT along with the card for AD/DA conversion.

2)That computer's a little skimpy on the processor and RAM for more recent audio software. You might get it to run but don't expect a lot.

Message 3/3             26-Nov-00  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: HELP

k

Link?:  No link

add more ram and you can run vst 3.7 ok on a 200 AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A decent low latency and EFFICIENT audio I/O device, but i'd get a faster pc to go up to vst32

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)