aaa Must it be analog? Why not a digital clone? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Must it be analog? Why not a digital clone?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             09-Apr-98  @  11:21 PM   -   Must it be analog? Why not a digital clone?

dominicp

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey guys!!
I often hear people saying: dominic your stupid, why do you use your cs1x as your bassline synthi? then my question is always like this: Do you hear the difference between analog and digital? And if I let them guess if it's analog or ditgital they can't tell me the difference. So is there any reason why it has to be a real tb 303.
Why not rebirth? Actually it is a software emulated virtual tb 303, but it sounds great. For the moment this is all I wanna tell you.
Acid, funky, groovy greetings from:
Dominic P.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             10-Apr-98  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: Must it be analog? Why not a digital clone?

dilvie

Believe it or not, there are subtle differences between analog and digital, but I think that increased
bit deapth in digital formats will change this. There is a definate digital edge to the upper
frequencies with rebirth, but don't get me wrong, I *love* rebirth, and use it often. In fact, I think
that if you dislike rebirth simply because it isn't analog, and it isn't a shiny silver box, you're taking
your 303 obsession just a little too far. I love that little box as much as the next guy, but rebirth
is still the best thing to happen to electronic music since the 303 itself, as far as I'm concerned.

Message 3/4             21-Apr-98  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Must it be analog? Why not a digital clone?

me96kus

Let's put it this way: I shouldn't be the one who cried if Steinberg/propellerheads just canned down the softwaresimulation used in RB-338 in a DSP and sold it as a hardware-clone. Would be fine to me.

Message 4/4             25-Apr-98  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Must it be analog? Why not a digital clone?

NPL

Digital or Analoge????well I don't think it matters at all as long as your happy..I have a TB303 and Rebirth and I love them both...BUT...the big but..there is one problem with rebirth that I came accross...You can sync rebirth to your seq. but you are not able to send midi sync out of any midi ports if you do..I use Cubase VST and when you want to send sync you need to select an output for the sync to go out of and to sync rebirth you have to install LooPBack.. a programe on the rebirth cd for it to sync to your computer..so on your seq. you have to select a loopback channle for midi sync to travel..not letting you select a midi port for sync to travel..Cubase VST only lets you send sync to one output or internal output..I mean this is not all completly bad but I like to do a lot of things live so I record seq. on my 808 and 909 and my TB303 and mute and unmute and change seq. on the fly..so I cant use rebirth when I do that...There are ways around that by saving them "the rebirth songs or patterns" as Audio files and importing them into Cubase but you know you are not able to twist those shinny little knobs on the fly...very long and boring process..but don't get me wrong rebirth kicks ass and is the best TB303 clone on the market...
NPL sorry to have rambled on....

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)