aaa CUBASE:)to be or not to be(: - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: CUBASE:)to be or not to be(:

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             28-Apr-98  @  06:59 PM   -   CUBASE:)to be or not to be(:

Celtic dream

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I curently picked up the jp-8000 and also have the rb-338,my question is what software/hardware sequencer should I check out?
I saw the cubase on sale with wavelab at a resonable price,and heard its dope,but im confused on how the 338 run with cubase.....any info would be much appreciated...thanx......
.........Celtic Dream...........

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Apr-98  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: CUBASE:)to be or not to be(:

kilo

well, only the terratec ews-64 card will allow the audio of cubase and rebirth to play simultaneously...i've seen it in action doing just that..... maybe other cards do it.. but i dont hear of them if they do... but terratec can do it... (that is assuming you CAN get rebirth and cubase or anything else to sync together in the same pc !!!!)

Message 3/4             06-May-98  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: CUBASE:)to be or not to be(:

Looneyfreaks

Well just to let you know I own Cubase VST and it is great.. I also own rebirth..and to answer some of your questions...For playing audio from both rebirth and cubase is easy. But it cost some money..I got the Gina sound card by Event Electronics..It has 2 in and 8 out and you can assign what you want to go out each output...
There is one problem though with running cubase and rebirth and if you want to send Midi sync to any other gear...I have a lot of old roland gear all the XOX boxes and some are not midi but sync..So I have to program my seq. in the XOX boxes..So to start and stop them I need to send sync..Well I have midi to sync converters and they work great unless I try to use rebirth with my seq. you see to run rebirth in sync with cubase you have to install a driver called loopback from the rebirth CD software..Then you have to go into cubase and select which output to send midi sync..And to run rebirth you have to select the loopback out it is like an internal midi cable but you can only select one output for midi sync to travel thus not being able to send sync out of my midi ports to start and stop the over rated roland gear..So that is my problem I have had..I just really don't use rebirth any more due to I have the real thing but rebirth is fun to play around with..
Nathan

Message 4/4             17-May-98  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: CUBASE:)to be or not to be(:

pedicelli

Although I'm only using software based stuff with an external physical controller, the same could apply. I'm using cakewalk to produce my brass and strings, etc...and I'm using RB-338 for my drum machine and 303's. I've got it synched to Cakewalk and with the help of a multiport MIDI driver, I've got the SB16 MIDI IN being used by Cakewalk--RB-338 and by RB-338---MCR-8.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)