aaa MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             06-May-98  @  07:19 PM   -   MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

Antonio_carlo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone else own an MC-505? Does anyone see the possibilities that lie within it? What other machine can mix patterns like deejays mix records?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             06-May-98  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

FRANKY

Yes you´re right !! I don´t know any other machine wich can mix the patterns in this way!!!
I´m also using the MC-505 GROOVEBOX. And i think this machine is really multi - funktionable!!

FRANKY

Message 3/14             07-May-98  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

X2c4nrg

Why would you want to use patterns created by someone else? I use an ASR10, therefor I have to create my own patterns. I actualy went to buy an MC505 but backed down when I realized it was ALL pattern based. I like to start from scratch. I don't care for the filters on the MC505 either. I also wanted to check out the JX305, which is a keyboard version of the MC505 but with a a whole extra bank of sounds and more patterns. Maybe that would be alright for me, being that you can play your own patterns with the keyboard. I know that the MC505 has its little playable buttons but I would prefer keys. Now the TB303 buttons are alright since you play it by steps...HIGH SOCIETY

Message 4/14             07-May-98  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

Antonio_carlo

X2c4nrgObviously, you have not really looked into the MC-505. Who the hell would want to listen to the pre-recorded patterns that some schmuck at roland made anyway? (you maybe) And what do you mean by starting from scratch? Have you ever heard of this neat little invention called "step recording"? If that isn't starting from scratch, I don't know what is. And why would you want a machine that isn't totally pattern based? Electronic music is pattern based. If you have studied musical structure at all, you would realize that all music is pattern based. Can your equipment handle 64-voice polyphony? As for the small keys, they are not really meant to be used as a standard keyboard (although my large fingers have adapted), the keyboard is mainly used for step recording. I am very protective of my 505 because everyone thinks that everything out there but the tb-303 are peices of garbage. I want to show the world that roland has outdone themselves again. You should really use your bean before you open up your mouth. Otherwise you will continue to limp through life talking out of your ass. High Society, huh? Sounds more like you're just high.

Message 5/14             07-May-98  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Message 6/14             07-May-98  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

daje-notch

The Mc-505 is nothing but a hotted Mc-303..I own a Mc-303 and I have tested the 505..It the same F*cking sounds..some new ones but it still lacks in quality..8-bit I ask?? nahh.
Who gives a fuck about the filters and shit when the sounds are equal to adlib?
What really happend to Roland??
18 years ago they inveted THE synth and THE drummachine..and now...soundmodules..

Message 7/14             07-May-98  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

Looneyfreaks

Well hear we all go again with the MC505 just like we did with the MC303..Well I bought an MC303 when they first came out actally I think I was one of the first person to have one in Houston..Hey I thought it was pretty cool and the MC505 is a little cooler..I think we all should stop comparing the MC303 and 505 to the TB303 and other XOX boxes..I mean I have a TB303 and a 909 and a crap load of other roland boxes and the MC boxes come close but not all the way there but who cares..If you like it and can make music with it who cares and if you are so anti MC 303 & 505 well don't buy one..That is that..I mean the 309 by quasimidi did get this much bashing and I think the mc boxes are better due to more sounds and bettter stand alone seq. I mean the only thing I have heard really said in comparison of the 309 and the MC boxes is that the 309 has more of an analog sound..But if you really knew how to program you can do the same thing with the mc boxes..So I say we should all stop bashing Roland for the new gear they have produced. And like I said if you don't like it then don't buy it....
N.P.L.

Message 8/14             07-May-98  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

celtic dream

Fuck G-yea!!!!!!

Message 9/14             07-May-98  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

Antonio_carlo

thank you looney freaks. I want everyone to recognize the most important point that he made. "IF YOU REALLY KNEW HOW TO PROGRAM, YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING WITH THE MC BOXES." I see exactly why this problem hasn't been resolved. There is not necessarily a difference in opinion on what sounds good, it is a difference in intelligence on how to get there.

Message 10/14             07-May-98  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

Antonio_carlo

thank you looney freaks. I want everyone to recognize the most important point that he made. "IF YOU REALLY KNEW HOW TO PROGRAM, YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING WITH THE MC BOXES." I see exactly why this problem hasn't been resolved. There is not necessarily a difference in opinion on what sounds good, it is a difference in intelligence on how to get there.

Message 11/14             13-May-98  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

BRhodes303

Hello

You are all talking a load of fucking bollocks I'm afraid. No matter how much you "program" something digital it won't sound the same...

I turn on my 303s and there is no "programming" just a totally transparent interface which helps me make the music I want. They NEVER crash, and they sound great. I'm getting out of computer sequencing and going all analogue from now on.

BriLad

Message 12/14             13-May-98  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

Looneyfreaks

O.k. so we have all come to one thing we know for sure is that the mc303 and mc505 do not sound like the real tb303..I even stated that earlier..(look up)..But I don't think it really matters does it? I mean if you want a TB303 you should buy one..And don't tell me that you can't find one because they are all over the place..The price is HIGH but if you want one you will buy one I mean I got my pennies together and bought one..A lot of pennies about 85,000 of them..But the question really is...Is the mc303 or mc505 any good? and the answer is yes. I mean it has its good points and bad points but so does all the equipment out there..So if you like the mc303 & 505 buy one and if you don't well buy something else..Just a note I heard a whole CD made with a MC303 and it was pretty good. And for all the people out there that are such die hard analog freaks..Well analog isn't everything..I have a shit load of analog gear plus a shit load of digital gear and they all have there uses..And for those who say "analog is the way so I am ditching all my digital gear" I think you are all just a bunch of posser wannabes..I like to see you produce some thing really slamming and chart with the use of digital...Because I could be wrong but aren't most effect units digital?? And we all need effects..And If you want to sample something well I don't think there are many analog samplers out there...Well I could go on for days and I know someone will reply neg. to my comments butwho cares..The real thing is we should all shut the fuck up and make music..Because music is what its all about anyway no matter how you create it be analog or digital or both..I like to get two spoons and bang them together..Man talk about some wicked sounding HiHats...
Looneyfreaks...

Message 13/14             29-May-98  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

Spot

Link?:  Link

I wasted £650 quid on the mc303, why the fuck would i want to waste a further £1000 on another toy like the 505?

Message 14/14             02-Jun-98  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: MC-505, the most revolutionary peice of equip

nitzer

£1000???? I sell MC-505 for around £600 (CHF 1,490) - Ask for units in stock...Take a look to my MC-505 GrOoVeBoX Site : http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/6031/mc-505.html

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)