aaa mc-500 micro composer - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: mc-500 micro composer

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             24-May-98  @  12:02 AM   -   MC-500 micro composer

celtic dream

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

alright,I just got this from a friend.....Ive been reading the heafty owners manual and frankly I have no clue how to work the damn thing!!!all I want to do for now is have the MC-500 be the master clock and have the RB-338 and the JP8K run off it.......bacicly,I just want to syquence the damn things!!!!!......PROBLEM(my PC doesnt have any MIDI ports)!!!!!!I heard of joystic adapters from a local dealer but he said it wouldnt transport clock through it....I do have an MSK-90 in/out box(I dont know if it will help the situation any)......any sugestions would help...thanx much!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             25-May-98  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: mc-500 micro composer

skot

What do you mean when you say the pc wont clock through the joystick connection?
I know absolutely nothing about the micro composer i.e. is it software???
I run cubase through my joystick port to my sampler, and then on to some other gear.
If this is similar to what your trying to do, then I suggest you go to a dealer who know how computers and musical instruments work together. If the microcomposer is software, and rebirth syncs to its clock, then you should really be able to send midi information via the joystick port to play your JP8K at the same time.

Message 3/5             26-May-98  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: mc-500 micro composer

celtic dream

The guy I talked to said I could get a cable,one end plugs into the joystick port and the other end splits to midi in and midi out,but when I told him I was going to plug my syquencer into it(the MC-500,hardware)and have that run the clock he said the cable itself wont transport clock.....he probly has no idea what he's talking about!!!!.......I dont know......if all I need is that adapter cable to hook all this up,then I'm ganna be saving some cash!!!!!

Message 4/5             26-May-98  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: mc-500 micro composer

skot_e

Get a second opinion....

Message 5/5             26-May-98  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: mc-500 micro composer

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

If you have a soundblaster, it's 20 dollars... Go to Creative's website and order one!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)