aaa TB or not TB - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: TB or not TB

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             26-Jul-98  @  11:59 PM   -   TB or not TB?

d.a.k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

mc-303?
raveolutsomething or other?

303-POWER

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             27-Jul-98  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: TB or not TB

pedicelli

The MC-303 and Rave-O-Lution 309 are horrible TB-303 emulators (if that's what you're talking about...). I've actually used the 309, and the filters are crap. You bring the cutoff all the way down, and the sound dissapears...plus, the resonance isn't powerful either. But you also have to understand that these machines weren't made to emulate to TB-303.

Message 3/8             29-Jul-98  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: TB or not TB

Franky

The MC-505 emulates the 303 Sounds good!! (fine filters, pitch control , resonance & Cutoff)
Really fat, deep and strong bass sound!!! Works perfekt.

Message 4/8             10-Aug-98  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: TB or not TB

cyborg0

I messed with the mc505 until they chased my ass out of the store, and, i can tell you with all surety, the mc505 sounds nothing like a tb303.. now, if you could send the bassline out from the mc505 via midi to, say, a tbs-303 or a syntecno teebee, that would be the deal..
rob

Message 5/8             11-Aug-98  @  05:03 AM   -   RE: TB or not TB

pedicelli

Now that's what fucking pisses me off...chasing your ass out of the store...If you're interesting in buying something, they should let you camp over to test out stuff...all's you see in these places are a bunch of old fogies playing cheezy tunes on 5 thousand dollar keyboards and not even using them to their full capability...when I was testing the Rave-O-Lution-309 (and may I enforce that it's shit on a stick for TB-303, but kinda fun to play with for other bass sounds...) the clerk gave me earphones cause I was squelching too much...

Message 6/8             12-Aug-98  @  06:01 AM   -   RE: TB or not TB

celtic dream

"TB or not TB"that IS the question......know here is the answer..............TB!!!!!(celtic dream aimlessly speaking!!!!)

Message 7/8             13-Aug-98  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: TB or not TB

x2c4nrg

You should test drive equipment where I go...they tell you "YEAH!, YEAH!, PUMP THAT SHIT UP HOMIE!!!" To bad they are extremly over-priced for thier shit even though they got it all. *HIGH SOCIETY*

Message 8/8             14-Aug-98  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: TB or not TB

squelch23

MC-303 is definately not TB! But don't write it off totally - it does some cool things, and makes quite a good drum machine. Shame about the filters!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)