aaa where to service my 303 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: where to service my 303

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             15-Aug-98  @  03:02 AM   -   where to service my 303

Intellect on EFNet IRC

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i recently aquired a beat up tb303 for very cheap and it doesnt work, i know it can be fixed i just dont know where or by who, does roland even still service these things?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             17-Aug-98  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: where to service my 303

Depends on what's wrong with the 303...if it's a melted resistor or has to do with any other part that has to be replaced, can't say for sure that it can be fixed...really depends on the specific problem.

Message 3/11             27-Aug-98  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: where to service my 303

cyborg0

I can fix it..
Email for detail asap.

Depending on what it is, the cost is $25 bux for me to look at it and a per hour labor charge..
It shouldnt be over $100 bux or so..I know tb303s like the back of my hand having been a synth repair tech/engineer for a few years now..
Dont send it to some gouging non-engineer type shop who is more interested in buying it from you than fixing it for you..
Rob

Message 4/11             28-Aug-98  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: where to service my 303

ratfink

ouch just saw this post, $100 that cost more than i bought it for...oh well

Message 5/11             28-Aug-98  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: where to service my 303

cyborg0

Well, cry me a river!  
So, thats so aweful that, after repair, you should get a good tb303 for, what, $200 bux??!?!!
boohoo..
rob

Message 6/11             31-Aug-98  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: where to service my 303

skot_e

wHATEver*

Message 7/11             02-Sep-98  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: where to service my 303

Looneyfreaks

Look in the back of a Keyboard mag. In the classifieds there you will find places that fix them and have fixed them before. Though you will spend some money but who cares. In the worst case it shouldn't cost more than $300 to fix I know that is a high price but I did say the worst case. And even if you do spend that much money it is worth it. Maybe not to you but if you have it fixed and you are strapped for cash sell it. You can at least get $600 or $700 for it if not more. But if you do not want to fix it and it is to much of a hassle I will buy it from you for what you paid plus $100.

Message 8/11             02-Sep-98  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: where to service my 303

cyborg0

Exactly.. I do GOOD work for VERY cheap.. I think the ONLY thing that I have ever gotten in that I couldnt fix (well, not without replacing damn near every part) was an SH101 that someone had spilled hot poutpourri on. All the components, transformers, caps,sliders etc had been corroded to hell, since the dried fruit and herbs had been left on there for a month or more.. It was terrible.. Rather than charge the guy all the time/parts fees, I gave him $25 bux for it...Since im having a hell of a time finding all the parts esp the cem3340, it still is sitting at my house in pieces due to a lack of enthusiasm to completely rebuild a whole synth.. Just buying the sliders from Roland would cost me more than its worth..
Worst case is the processor has gone bad on the tb303..Any GOOD tech could then just modify it to put on cv/gate/slide/accent jacks and then sell you a 4 channel midi/cv converter and bam.. instant midi'd 303..
But, be warned at looking in the back of keyboard magazine.. These ppl are running a BUSINESS, and it is HIGHLY more beneficial for them to tell you it is unrepairable and buy it from you.. I used to work at one of the places in the back of keyboard, and quit because of moral reasons.. My boss had me fix a Jupiter 6... While I was packing it up and about to put the address on it to ship, he was on the phone telling the guy it was irreparable!!! Next, he tells the guy he will buy it off of him, gives him $100 bux for a synth that cant be repaired, and then makes a phone call to a guy and sells if for $700!! This happens ALL the time.. If ANYONE does not trust me for whatever reason, I will send you a copy of a contract that guarantees that you will get your gear back and that I will charge NO labor if it is unable to be repaired (except shipping) You will not find anyone willing to do this..
Email me for details.
rob

Message 9/11             12-Sep-98  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: where to service my 303

trance 303

roland does service 303's but if your from n.y.rouge music
has a roland certified tec that is labeled the best 303 tech in the country by the roland sevice department
his name is arman. hope this helps.

Message 10/11             14-Sep-98  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: where to service my 303

cyborg0

I too have heard good things about rogues service dept..

Message 11/11             14-Sep-98  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: where to service my 303

cyborg0

BTW, there ARE some good repair centers in the back of Keyboard, Rogue is one of them.. Im sure there are a couple of others.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)