aaa Powermix program - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Powermix program

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             31-Aug-98  @  10:05 AM   -   Powermix program

x2c4nrg

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is there such a program where I can record my records into my PC and mix 'em and freak 'em to make it sound like a four turntable session? Does cubase or cakewalk do this? What about Mixman Studios? I own that and it hella sucks. I've heard of people doing powermixes on computer and I would like to mess around with it. I sometimes use my four track but Im sure it would be easier on computer. -Pete

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             31-Aug-98  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: Powermix program

Franky

I think Cubase do this but i´m not sure!! (Sorry) I´ll ask my local Dealer today or tomorrow
an then i will Post it !!! Franky

Message 3/3             02-Sep-98  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Powermix program

Looneyfreaks

Cubase VST will do it but it takes time. Sometimes I remix songs or shall I say splice and cut and freak and paste,mix,and tweek a few songs and make kinda like a medly or tripped out mix. But I use different software for the whole project. I use Cubase VST plus sound Forge and wave lab and recycle. I find a few songs I like and just record them into the computer and go to work. Sometimes the mix is really good and some times it sucks. Though you need to make sure all the beats lock up. I use recycle to get the exact bpm on all the songs, then I go to sound forge and time compress or expand them then I chop and cut. I usally do this to mke longer intros or freaky breaks in songs. I also use my equipment to add stuff. So once you have the audio down and tight I send it to Cubase VST as an audio track and add other stuff Like TB303 or Tr909 clap or snare or just some really wierd dreamy pads. Like I said though some times it sounds funkin great and other times it sounds like shit. It is a lot of work. So I really can't say that it is easier but it is more creative.
Looney BOY

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)