aaa 303 distortion - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 303 distortion

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             01-Sep-98  @  02:53 AM   -   303 distortion

cyborg0

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, so, what is the BEST distortion pedal for a 303? I used to use Big Muff, but, the
Frequency response seemed so limited..It seemed like it only distorted a very small bit of frequencies around the freq knob, but anything too low or too hi wasnt distorted..I have heard that the tech221 xxl was a really good pedal since you can actually dial in the frequencies and how much they distort...Oh, and dont say you use the gain on the mixer, cus I tried that, but my mixer is soo crappy the distortion ends up crappy too;..clean, but crappy.. maybe if i overdrivea big ass Oram or Trident mixing desk.. hmmm  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             01-Sep-98  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: 303 distortion

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

You could lend me your 303, and I'll see what it sounds like thru my Marshall stack hehe...

Message 3/7             02-Sep-98  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: 303 distortion

cyborg0

I dont have one! I use a Syntecno TeeBee. ppl dont know the difference on my trax anyway..
rob

Message 4/7             05-Sep-98  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: 303 distortion

x2c4nrg

Has anyone tried to use a distortion pedal with a Bass Station? I can make my Bass Station scream, now I want it to ROAR!!!

Message 5/7             06-Sep-98  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: 303 distortion

kilo

how about a RAT.... i use one for guitar, and of all the pedals i tried (ibanez tube screamer, metal screamer, big-muff, boss turbo-distortion etc) i find it gives the crunchiest broad un-thin distortion with mucho gravel to the sound... NOT the RAT-2... the RAT-1... the first one..... and it's built like a brick shit-house... heh heh... and it glows in the dark...er....

Message 6/7             19-Sep-98  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: 303 distortion

Michahyn

I've never used one with a 303 but THE BEST distortion\Fuzz i've ever used was the Univox SuperFuzz...a big solid metal\plactic top, usually in blue and orang or black and green, it only has one knob for drive, and a midscoop button that makes every thing sound like its in a hockey arena.. this beast is a full rectifier, so you get these sort of octave effects, its the same Fuzz the beasties use (all that fat bass fuzz on check yr head).... if you find one you'll pay around $250-300, and its worth it, but if yr crafy enough you can find some good schematics on the net...

Message 7/7             24-Sep-98  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: 303 distortion

I went to a music store recently & checked them all out. I played the 303 thru them & found the Total Distortion(?) by Boss to be my fav. It doesn't distort too much , but just enough to put some screm into the filter. Which is what i want.
-Larry

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)