aaa Question... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Question...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             14-Sep-98  @  06:14 AM   -   Question...

Raver X

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know if the rebirth 2.0 and 2.0.1 upgrade will upgrade a cracked version of rebirth?

Just wondering...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             14-Sep-98  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Question...

cyborg0

How about paying the lousy $125 bux and gettting a real
copy of it, instead of rippin ppl offf??
Just a suggestion..
Think about it.
Rob

Message 3/9             14-Sep-98  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: Question...

Raver X

Now why would I do that if I can get it for $69? Why throw away $110. Its $179 for the full version.

Message 4/9             14-Sep-98  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Question...

Or, ya know, ya just do what the rest of the population does and pirate it....looks like some people are bitter about buying it when they couldn't get it from the ever almighty warez community...

Message 5/9             15-Sep-98  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Question...

skot_e

Maybe some people just have the ethics to pay for a program which someone has gone to the effort to make.
It is not like the makers of the program can survive on no income!
In my opinion, they deserve to reap the rewards of their labour!!!!

Message 6/9             15-Sep-98  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Question...

cyborg0

In case you havent noticed, I have NO love for software synths. I think bringing a puter to make sounds is like using a hammer to turn a screw. It MAY work, but you wouldnt like to have to do it all the time. Until they get a hardware version, no thanks.

I just think that its cheap enough to buy for just about anybody.

Sure, I could get it from warez sites but why? Do I really want to wade through 15 sex site advert and a bunch of crappy java applets with a bunch of screens autoloading just so that I can get a link thats probably broke?

Its easier and quicker just to get a job and use the money to buy a copy.

I really don't understand why ppl go around cracking such a cheap program anyway. Ok, some of these overpriced sequencer programs I understand, cuz a lot of them promise the world and then you find out that they crash ALL the time or are impossible to use, plus they never have demo copies so you never know until its too late. Rebirth is so cheap though..

Rob

Message 7/9             15-Sep-98  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Question...

pedicelli

Mah where you going? Rebirth is cheap? I think not! When I have it hooked up to my Roland MCR-8 Multi Controller, there's absolutely no difference from using the real thing. I get the full feel, and the sound...sometimes software does the job......

Message 8/9             16-Sep-98  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Question...

cyborg0

Yes, Rebirth is CHEAP. Where are you going to get an 808/909/2x303s and some fx for $179? I have used Rebirth with my PC1600, and its pretty good, Software DOES do the job, but, if you dont want to bring a puter all the time... I dont like the idea of having to take my puter on stage and I use my puter for sequencing for now, and I cant run my sequencer programs AND rebirth at the same time. The power surges and brownout that occur when you are onstage can make a puter go crazy and unless you have a laptop its a total pain to find a place to put the puter. I want to play out with as little gear as possible, and a puter doesnt fit into the equation very well. If i had a laptop, I might use it.. And, I CAN tell the difference between a real tb303 and rebirth.. One BIG difference is that the original tb303 doesnt have infinite decay when you slide all notes in a pattern. (although this feature can be added fairly easily to the original)

Message 9/9             18-Sep-98  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Question...

ce;ltic drea;m

NO,rebirth is not cheap.....of corse you cant get all the hardware shit on it for 179.....but that doesnt take away from the fact that for some people $179 IS alot of money........shit,you could offer me every synth in the world,all of them for 3000 bux and I would shit my pants at what a good deal that is BUT there is no way I could afford it.......and you would say,"shit man,where you gonna find every synth for $3000".....you cant,but when you look at the bigger picture,thats allot of money.........

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)