aaa Instrument in it's own right! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Instrument in it's own right!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             16-Sep-98  @  03:59 PM   -   Instrument in it's own right!

Richie

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

303's have been around a while now aint they, the style of a track can be dictated by the sound of the 303 right. For instance if you get a cheesy loop going then bang in an overdriven 303, suddenly the track aint cheesy house anymore it's acid. All that's changed is the bassline. Dance music can be dictated by the use of 808 and 909's if there not in the track it may well still be dance music but I'd be suprised if people will go mad to it in a club. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the 303 is an instrument in it's own right now, whether you choose to use it or not is up to you. But saying that people should'nt use it is like telling a rock band that guitars are boring and have gone out of fashion...

To all the 303 haters, well don't listen to it. Go to techno / house / drum n bass night's and you won't hear that sound.

To all the 303'ers... KEEP IT UP!

Richie.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             17-Sep-98  @  07:54 AM   -   RE: Instrument in it's own right!

skot_e

Agreed!

Message 3/4             17-Sep-98  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: Instrument in it's own right!

kmfdm

The 303 will never die. It might stagnate for a while, but then it will make it's third come back.
And all the fools who sold their 303s to be cool will kick them selfs in the ass! I will NEVER sell mine. If anyone is in Columbus & is going to MOTIVE, i will be playing a live PA there. Should be cool!!
-LArry

Message 4/4             18-Sep-98  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Instrument in it's own right!

ce;ltic drea;m

I agree fully......the 303 has a personality of its own,a sound of its own,programing features of its own.......the 303 IS in an instramental class of its own and thats why I think alot of the the 5 person band,ect....make fun of it and the people who use them becouse the dont under stand it or comprehend it.....well fuck you to the nerrow minded musician.......every musical intsrament has musical potential,when the 303 was invented it changed music writing as we know it and to some that in it self is scary ..............the 303 it self wont dye nor will the mucic made on it.....it might go out of style but mucic is music and can not be killed-CE;LTIC DREA;M P.S.bring the acid back!!!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)