aaa Faggot 303 crybabies - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

11-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Faggot 303 crybabies

Viewing all 31 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31             22-Sep-98  @  07:55 AM   -   Faggot 303 crybabies

noteven

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How many of you little fags have even used a 303, i think this room is nothing but a get away for all of you losers that werent cool when techno first started happening. I mean shit, you guys spend dmore time bitchin and complaining about what is or isnt a good IMITATION! How fake can you get? The 303 and Acid music are simply pieces of the history of electronic music, yes they are pretty fukin cool(i have 2) but jesus everyone acts like 303's were the only chance for electronic music to be created and everyone thinks Damn if I only had one i could be DAFT' or Hardfloor or any cheese ass acid producer. Face it kiddies electronic music SLAMS because it SLAMS not because of the 1 drum machine or the 1 synth used in the track, but because it SLAMS. I am hearing more and more techno done with Yamaha units than i could have ever imagined(not to name all of the Detroit producers who have ALWAYS used Yamaha units). Dont get caught up in the process of being cool and searching for that one last piece of gear (that will never end) and spend more time doing what you can with what you have,

out...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/31             22-Sep-98  @  08:28 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

c d

How fake can I get.......well,not fake enough to go bitchin out other musicians that I dont even know.shit man,who died and made you god..........heres an Idea,why dont you take your 303s,rock'um up,and fuckin smoke'um

Message 3/31             22-Sep-98  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Richie

Oooof!!!

NotEven, post a profile of yourself here....

and we'll all try to be a bit more like you, Oh superior one...

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

ps I'm 29,,,, imature but not kiddie... Also don't get ya perverted kicks by imagining I'm a fag.. OK?

Message 4/31             22-Sep-98  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

cyborg0

Right on Ritchie.. we werent around when techno first started? Yeah.. right.. I and many of my comrades are ages 28 to 40+ and we were all there during the beginning.. Its a hobby to be on this site, not some sort of obsession.... The 303 is the MOST emulated synth in history, and we wouldnt be talking about it if ppl had done it right the first time, but until recently all attempts have been failed.. Are you mad cuz you got screwd by paying $1000 bux each for you 303s, cuz I know a few ppl who are.

And who cares who has even used a 303? The 303 is becoming a collectors item right before our eyes as ppl push the original 303 circuits further than ever imagined...Dont fight the future, because you will be fighting yourself.

Message 5/31             22-Sep-98  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Richie

Flippin eck!, it just bugs me when people presume they know why you do something.

NotEven... My main synth happens to be a casio cz-101. now I bought that synth not because I'm broke or anything... I bought it because it SOUNDS like what I want.. It's got dirt by the barrowload..

I've hardly got any kit to speak of.. NOT because I can't afford it. Because I am still pushing what I've got to the limit.. I bought a AN1x 1 month ago and sold it last week.. I decided that my Casio-101 had not been pushed yet so the AN1x has gone in favour of a sampler that I have owned before and I allready know how to push.

Also I'd like to point out that Acid hardly ever finds it's way onto any of my tracks.. I write purely hard overdriven British style techno.. I am VERY narrow minded when it comes to writing the stuff..

But the reason I have started posting here recently, is because I am interested in things like synths.. especially synths that have ended up as cult status.. For fucks sake my Mum knows what a 303 is, and I never told her... The 303 is a symbol of my culture (Drug Culture?) it's what has shaped the music I listen to.. I was glad I was there at the time as I am glad I am seeing the way Techno is going now.

For fucks sake!! The whole point of the dance culture, the drug culture, is that people can do what they want without fear of reprisals... The police have killed it enough with the criminal justice bill now YOU'RE on our case.

Lighten up man, (In fact LIGHT up man) Sit back, get absolutely tanked up on anything you can get hold off, close your eyes and listen to some acid driven techno.. Imagine what it'd be like if that sound had never happened.

Fuck I'm Ranting!!!!!! I NEED a smoke!!!! Shit I'm at work!!!

AAAAARGGHHH!!!!!

Oh, and lastly... That track you know of that slams NOT because of the drum machine it uses..
I really don't believe that that track (or any other you reckon) does not use one 808/909 drum sound.

BUT I am prepared to be showed otherwise... SO the ball is in you're court.. Tell me the name of the track. Who wrote it.. I will give you an honest opinion of whether it rocks or not.

I am going to lie down now.

See Yah...

Message 6/31             22-Sep-98  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

noteven

ok..

"work that motherfucker" by Steve Poindexter

try to give me alittle credit, fag,im(m)ature dork.

out...

Message 7/31             23-Sep-98  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Blunted

there goes noteven stirring up shit again....

Message 8/31             23-Sep-98  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Blunted

there goes noteven stirring up shit again....

Message 9/31             23-Sep-98  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

noteven

in case you didnt know "work that mother fucker" was done on a CASIO RZ-1, a Casio RZ-1, and did i mention ENTIRELY on a CASIO R Z - 1, now mr. dick munch the ball is in your court (or your mouth). And as far as your "honest opinon if it rocks" doesnt exactly matter i just like making you look like a total dumbass, dont take that personally tho' mr. dick munch.

---------------------- ---------------------------------
out... NOTEVEN 2 MR DICK MUNCH 0
---------------------- --------------------------------

the
ball
is
in
your
mouth

Message 10/31             23-Sep-98  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

skot_e

man, how can one give credit to a person who obviously can not respect the choice of the indivual.
If someone is gay, BIG FUCKIN SHIT!
To abuse someone for their sexuality is so LAME!
...and no I'm not gay.
Grow the fuk up!!!!!!!!

Message 11/31             23-Sep-98  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Richie

Well remember that drum machine samples don't it..

Hence the vocals....

Funny, that kick sound well full and solid compared to the one on the RZ

Oh well must be my ears...

PS.. Try to be more polite... You'll keep more friends that way... Or are you a coke head?

You act like a coke head...

Anyway... NOTEVEN you are truly one of the worlds PRATS.

PS.. You act like someone who is gay but is afraid of the fact.. Hance you take you're anger out on other people accusing them in turn of being homosexual. Just live with it man.. Some of my friends are gay and they don't slag me off all the time.. People won't laugh at you. Apart from me.

Fancy a fight? I'm well up for pushing your stupid teeth so far down you're throat you'll need to shove your fingers up your arse to bite ya nails.

Hey I STILL stand by what I said.... Just to really FUCK you OFF...

As for calling me Mr Dick Munch ???? what kind of an insult is that.. Did'nt you go to school.. Is that the best you can think off..

I PITY YOU...

Message 12/31             23-Sep-98  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Looneyboy

Bla,bla,bla, Just to let you know I like the TB303, TR909, TR808 and all that old crap. And getting these items is kinda like a cult thing I guess. I am also to blame. I have bought a lot of old roland synths and XoX boxes and have also sold some of them due to the fact it really wasn't what I was looking for. I think Richie is right in some aspects. Hell music is music and how ever you make it is your own choice and style. I also find it hard to rag on other peoples work due to I am no super star. Just as long as it sounds good to the person who made the track. Fuck there is a lot of songs out there that rock and don't even use one piece or electronic gear. I have no idea where this is going. I am little tired. I am just a wanna be electronic star any way. But I have a shit load of fun doing it and that is the whole point right. It is fun. And if you are not having fun making tracks well you might consider doing something else. bla,bla,bla,

Message 13/31             23-Sep-98  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

pedicelli

He's kinda got a point (the intial guy). You've gotta make the best of what you have.

Message 14/31             24-Sep-98  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

skot_e

He may have a point, but the guy has no Decorum

Message 15/31             24-Sep-98  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

"work that muthafucka". Casio RZ-1 & a sampler. So what's the point. That song kicks ass!! Am i assuming that you're calling Daft Punk & Hard Floor lame? If so, get a clue. And so what if some people use just a 303 & 808/909. Gee, Phuture did that.They even used a 707. They kick ass. Acid is IMHO the best type of techno. Although the Detroit stuff is a VERY close second. Jeff Mills is just brilliant. So is Robert Hood. So Mr. Cool, what all gear do you own? Or do you just own two 303's cuz it was the cool thing to do? And does it make you even cooler to know that you were around when it all "started"? Ohh, you are cool. I guess we're all just wanna be's huh? I mean geez, i've only been into the scene since '91. I suggest you take huge breath befor you start ranting about "faggot 303 crybabies". That would essentially be you. Who's the one crying?? But maybe i'm just a faggot ass 303 crybaby too. Wah wah. I want mommy!!!
-Larry

Message 16/31             24-Sep-98  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Richie

I feel like a prick not because of NotEven comeing up with a good example of a track that only uses one basic piece of equipment, But because I let the NotEven get to me.. Hell I should've remembered that track at the time before I opened my fat mouth and started ranting.. BUT the main thing is I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes..

Of course I know it is possible to write tracks just using one peice of equipment that is not a Roland x0x, I've done it myself a load of times, plus I have friends with releases that have done the same.

But NotEven I am wondering about the your reasons for posting that original thread, I mean I can't tell whether you own x0x this and x0x that or not... Me I don't but I have got DrumStation and other stuff that emulated the x0x's very well,,, Well enough for someone who is on the dancefloor not to know the difference...... But you are right in one thing.. If a track Slams it Slams...

Funny, I just read my 2nd reply and I don't remember saying stuff to warrant that kind of reply.. Ho-hum it's like when you go to a pub and there is some nutter there just out for a fight.. It don't matter what you say they are going to dissagree.

This thread is going round in circles..

Message 17/31             24-Sep-98  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

celtic dream

all I know is NOTeven is lovin all this attention.......this thread sould now read....."here lies notevens 15 minutes".......

Message 18/31             24-Sep-98  @  01:56 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Richie

or 'here lies NotEven's 15 brain cells -- RIP'

Message 19/31             24-Sep-98  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Raver X

I think noteven sucks dick.

Worship the 303!

Message 20/31             24-Sep-98  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

noteven

Just to clear some things "work that motherfucker" done with an RZ-1 by itself, the samples were cut as Work, That, Mother, and Fucker as individual parts on the 4 sample banks the Bass Drum sounding better than ever can be achieved with most Mackie mixers that have the LOW CUT switch Off, i know i do it all of the time with mine, as far as the Mr Larry to ensure his "coolnes" I am asking you as an informed Detroit fan since 91' i agree with the acknowledgement of Jeff Mills (god) and Robert Hood (also god) , what was Robert Hood's previous DJ name(this will verify the 91' part of your history). As far as myself I started going to partied in 90 and 91 in Detroit some at the lofts (1217 Griswold) and some of the "Hard" parties Hardest was by far the best, if you are in the detroit area you can hear me at a party next Friday a free party for that so you wont have to pay just to hear were i'm comin from. As far as all of the others i really dont care about any of this stuff its just kinda funny to see how serious all of you take this stuff (as you realized Richie).

out...

Message 21/31             25-Sep-98  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Richie

Well, I agreed with the example, I could'nt really disagree because when I listened to the track properly last night It all becomes clear.. Especially when you have a new new light shone on a record, we live and learn don't we. My other rantings were done in a bad frame of mind so my appologies for that. Lastly, I don't own a 303, I don't really want to own one either, but I am interested in the machine beacause, well just because..

Message 22/31             26-Sep-98  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

noteven

Richie your cool, when are you going to send me that mix tape?

out...

heh heh he...

Message 23/31             28-Sep-98  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

Richie

Mix tape???

Detroit???

This aint danny is it??

I'm confused, I wanna go home..

Message 24/31             03-Feb-99  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

noteven

All of you little Fags are still whinin about havin a 303.
or the imitations
or the mods you would but never will get
or how cool 303's are even tho' few of you have ever even TOUCHED one
kids....

come on...

GET A FUCKIN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
303's are not going to make your tracks cool!!!!!!
If your tracks arent already cool GIVE UP!!!!
Quit searchin for that little silver box...

admit to yourself that you are a loser hiding in the pursuit of cool...

and give me your gear 

out...

Message 25/31             03-Feb-99  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

dj glowstick

Oh my god I can't believe you can say that about the 303...like there will ever be any cooler piece of equipment! Anybody who is anybody has at least one. Maybe you should invest in one and then you would have some credibility, and people might like you. You're just jealous I guess....

by the way, I'm a close personal friend of Hardfloor himself

Message 26/31             04-Feb-99  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

pedicelli

Hardfloor isn't a person, it's two people.....

Message 27/31             04-Feb-99  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

noteven

LOL
Holy shit that was good about "Mr. Hardfloor"
but i really doubt that anyone is THAT stupid
but thanks for making me laugh

oh especially about the glowstick name to

LOL

good one glo'

out...

Message 28/31             05-Feb-99  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

steve

Is it normal for my 303 to smoke a little when I use a 120V powerpack adapter?. I thought if I left it out in
the garden over night to "freeze" the circuits ( you know, like when they used to advise putting CD disks into the freezer they would sound better) It's just that batteries cost a fortune these days, and I'm desperate to make acid music and get signed and live happy ever after.

P.S. It has stopped working over the last week or so.

Message 29/31             05-Feb-99  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

S.K.U.T. BC

Yes thats the problem by using OLD GEAR. Spend your money and buy an FR-777.
This thing is brand new !!! And works better than a 303 and costs lowwer than a 303.

THINK ABOUT IT

Message 30/31             05-Feb-99  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

pedicelli

Right on man...we've gotta invest our money on NEW gear....sure nothing is quite the same as a 303, but it's like 20 years old almost....get Rebirth (which can't decay) and a new MIDI controller to control all the knobs and such.

That's if you want the 303 sound...

Message 31/31             20-Mar-99  @  04:42 AM   -   RE: Faggot 303 crybabies

NOTEVEN

Peeps still sweatin to the oldies

out...

Viewing all 31 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)