aaa 777 vs. the virus - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 777 vs. the virus

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             07-Oct-98  @  07:07 AM   -   777 vs. the virus

cd

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I went to guitar center today and they had a midi controlled anologe synth called the virus,I messed with it a bit and I would have to say I'm very impressed,I couldnt get off the thing.It had wood sides like the 777,It kinda looks like something that Future Retro would make.the thing is ,is now I dont know if I should save up $1399(price of virus)or get the 777.I mean I'd pay the price of the virus if it deserves it......do you guys think the 777 is better or is it just a better price or both.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             07-Oct-98  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: 777 vs. the virus

cyborg0

WEll, if you want to pay another $600 bux and you really need a 16 part multitimbral module thats really good and you really dont have much gear, get the Virus. The Virus is not neccesarily better, but I can assure you that it doesnt sound very much like a 303. Maybe with certain parameters it does for a while, Im not sure. Its good for a start if you dont have a sampler or synth already, but if you want that special tb303 sound, dual detuned oscillator rave lead, bizzare real time controlled analog drum sound, etc, then get the 777.. One thing that bums me out about almost ALL the new virtual analog machines is that they dont have sequencers (cept the nord modular)

Oh, heres a neat tip for anyone with a sampler: get a drum loop, put it across the keyboard and use seq303 to trigger quarter notes.. Then, have it trigger triplets, etc to get wierd variations and change a few of the steps note numbers....Then, mess with the start time of the loop in real time, and assign the faders on one of the pages to change the filters for each step..Wow..

Rob

Message 3/3             07-Oct-98  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: 777 vs. the virus

x2c4nrg

I havent tried the Virus but I sure love my 777. Im tellin' ya, this thing is a monster! I love the 3 pole filter. Theres alot of knobs so it takes a little getting used to but there is alot you can do. The CV warp switch makes the accents sound extremely wicked. Cant say much for the sequencer cause I havent got ot down yet, but Im a quick learner. You can boost the bass to get that super fat acid sound. Its funky fresh though.

HIGH SOCIETY

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)