aaa which clone is better than the original 303 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: which clone is better than the original 303

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             07-Oct-98  @  10:03 AM   -   which clone is better than the original 303

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I don't know I don't have one!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             07-Oct-98  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

x2c4nrg

It depends on what sound your looking for. If you want the same sound as the TB 303 then I definatly say the 777 or maybe even the TBS 303. The TBS doesnt have a sequencer though. Its sequenced by a midi keyboard or controller. The 777 has its own sequencer.
If you want just the TB 303 functions and want to be more versitile with the sound, than Id say again the 777 or a Bass Station. I use both. I personally love both of theses wicked synths.
This is my opinion though so listen around before you take my word for it.

Message 3/12             07-Oct-98  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

pedicelli

You can also consider the Syntheco Tee-Bee, but again, no sequencer.

Message 4/12             08-Oct-98  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

cd

Spectral Audio's protone is good,but yet again no seq.........cool LFO stuff though.

Message 5/12             08-Oct-98  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

kmfdm

There is no clone better than the original.
-Larry

Message 6/12             08-Oct-98  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

high one

But Larry, Anything better than a 303 can not be called a clone. Call it better!

Message 7/12             09-Oct-98  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

celtic dream

you are corect all mighty high one!)

Message 8/12             09-Oct-98  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

x2c4nrg

Yeah, that means that the 777 is not a clone.

Message 9/12             09-Oct-98  @  06:29 AM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

cd

777:not a new clone,a new realm

Message 10/12             09-Oct-98  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

high one

You got it!

Message 11/12             10-Oct-98  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

Larry

I never said that the 777 was clone. It's not. It's just another analogue synth. Most other people think it's a clone cuz it does a good 303. But all the other 303 clones out there i'm talking about. If you're buying a 777 just for the 303 sound, buy a 303. You can obviously afford it. "You" being a general statement.

Message 12/12             10-Oct-98  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: which clone is better than the original 303

x2c4nrg

Yeah, but even if you wanted the 303 sound, why buy a 303 when you can buy something that has the same sound and functions and is a million times more versatile.

"You" being anybody thats wants a 303.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)