aaa Gear Setup Question - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Gear Setup Question

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             07-Oct-98  @  11:26 PM   -   Gear Setup Question

pedicelli

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I presently have a RB-338 v2.0 and a Roland MCR-8 multi controller to go along with it. I wanna start to expand to a main sound source, but I'm not exactly sure what to do. I'm considering the Korg Z1 cause it's got a shit load of real-time modulation, has 6 parts (so there's really no need for sending more layers to a software sequencer), and can make sounds from scratch. But then there's the question of sampling....still gonna need effects and vocal samples and such...would the Yamaha EX5 (sampler, and three synths built into one, along with a sequencer) be a better choice or would a seperate Akai rack unit hooked up to a controller be better along with the lead synth?

Also, I wanna synch what I've got in Rebirth with the new components. Just simply sync it all up to Cakewalk/Cubase VST? No need for additional WAVE channels?

I'd appreciate help and sugestions....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             18-Oct-98  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Gear Setup Question

jsernsob

get the Ex5... when the acid sound dies... and eventually will -if it hasn't already- You will get more use out of the yamaha synth... the Korg sounds great, but lacks sampling... The yamaha sampler is beautifull... My suggestion, sit down play the two for a couple of hours at a local music store and judge for yourself... I recently did this -was facing very similar circumstances- I found that the Ex5 provided a very useable interface and tons of lasting power as a dedicated workstation... Plus, you can assign about fourteen continuous controllers... great for working with Re-birth...

Message 3/3             19-Oct-98  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Gear Setup Question

pedicelli

I've already used tested the Korg Z1 (but for only about 20 minutes....)....gotta do both and for much longer.......

Although it might cost a bit more, you wouldn't recommend the Z1 along with an Akai rack module?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)