aaa TB-303 for sale - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: TB-303 for sale

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             21-Oct-98  @  06:31 PM   -   TB-303 for sale

tft218

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am selling a TB-303 for $1100. It is in excellent condition. Comes with a manuel and a hard to find carring case. For those interested, I can be reached at tft218@tftnet.com.

I am willing to work a little on the price

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             21-Oct-98  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

A triple seven owner

Whoa buddy! Havent you heard about the 777. Dont you know you've got to be stupid to pay that much for a 303 when you can buy a triple seven for way less. I wouldn't spend over $500 for a 303, but then again...thats me.

Message 3/21             21-Oct-98  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

A triple seven owner

So theres my highest offer, $500. Well...you just might get that much because there are alot of fools out there.

Message 4/21             21-Oct-98  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

pedicellI

I wouldn't even pay $500.00 for it. 777 means extreme depreciation of the 303's value. When manufacturing stopped 2 years after it's release, the price was $89.00. I'll give you something like that, factoring in inflation, and considering that it's an 18 year old piece of equipment. $150.00.

Message 5/21             21-Oct-98  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

IIndigoRed

a friend of mine has sent me on a search for the tb 303
he's very serious, has cash now. please reply! thanks

Message 6/21             22-Oct-98  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

Richie

Good grief!

check it out... more posts here for people selling they're TB's than ever.. don't that tell you something?

Message 7/21             22-Oct-98  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

pedicelli

If you have a 303 for sale, I'll buy it; but you better make me one hell of an offer. Remember, 777 and other emulators/clones means serious depreciation...like back to its original price.

Message 8/21             25-Oct-98  @  03:43 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

kmfdm

The 777 won't depreciate the 303 at all, sorry to say. They will go down in price on their own.
All this talk about the 777 being the next great thing, all it is is a mono-synth. I can get all the same sounds on my Mono/Poly. The only advantig is MIDI, & a sequencer. It doesn't even have any LFOs. But that's no big deal. The 777 is VERY cool, but it's not the next big thing. It's just another mono synth. If it didn't have all those knobs, no one would pay any attention. But i can't wait to get mine:0) But it definatly WON"T replace my 303, ever!! Also, who ever is posting those stupid posts needs to STOP! You obviously have some sort of envey. Try putting a name to your rediculous posts. Or aren't you man enough!!??
-Larry

Message 9/21             25-Oct-98  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

x2c4nrg

"If it didn't have all those knobs, no one would pay any attention."

Of course not...the knobs are what makes the triple 7 dope. Nobody would want a 303 if it didn't have its knobs either. Even if you just take away 1 knob, I dont care which one, any one, and the 303 wouldn't be as fresh. Its all the functions and stuff that make them dope.

"all it is is a mono-synth."

So is the TB-303.

"The only advantig is MIDI, & a sequencer."

Thats another thing that makes it better than all the other mono-synths.

"I can get all the same sounds on my Mono/Poly."

Then why do you worship your TB-303 so much? Cause of its sequencer and functions, right? Exactly. Same thing with the 777.

BTW, the 777 IS the next big thing because unfortunatly a TB-303 is hard to find and no longer being made, and the 777 can still be bought brand new and it is FAR more versitile. Plus all these other clones just cant compare to an actual TB-303, sequence wise and function wise.

I don't think the 777 will depreciate the TB-303 cause a 303 is a 303, but it is on its way to taking acid to another level. I can feel it...and if it doesn't, well then you still have an acid beast that can create the dopest acid basslines that will never die.

ReZo-99

Message 10/21             25-Oct-98  @  08:19 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

All I want to know is what is going to happen when this guy who builds the 777 decides to stop and goes out of business? You all know Future Retro is just one guy right? No company no employees and is still very new and I do not think he is going to take it to a corporate level. That is o.k. and all but when the thing breaks or you need tech. info. who are you gonna call? Well I hope he (Future Retro) Does stay in business and grows but you know what that means.....The price of the gear will go up. I am not bashing future retro so please do not take it that way it is just a thought. What will happen??? Lets see the 777 will no longer be built and the price will go up just like the TB303 BUT, there will be no one to service it 

Message 11/21             25-Oct-98  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

pedicelli

Who says the guy will ever go out of business? We can't make any assumptions....

Message 12/21             26-Oct-98  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

SDE1056813

TB- STANDS FOR "THE BOMB," AKA TRANSISTOR BASS. No other machine can or will take it's place! Put a 777 or any other wanna be side by side to a 303....even rebirth can't duplicate it's sound!!!!!

Message 13/21             26-Oct-98  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

SDE1056813

TB- STANDS FOR "THE BOMB," AKA TRANSISTOR BASS. No other machine can or will take it's place! Put a 777 or any other wanna be side by side to a 303....even rebirth can't duplicate it's sound!!!!!

Message 14/21             26-Oct-98  @  03:33 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

x2c4nrg

You fool! Have you ever tried a 777? A 777 can do way more than a TB-303. A 777 has way more options and CAN duplicate the TB sound. Dont get me wrong, Im not dissing the 303, Im just saying, if you haven't tried it...dont diss it. Look for some real audio files and listen to it.

BTW, I think just about any keyboard repair service can repair a 777. If not Cyborg0 probably can. There will always be somebody that will fix them. No doubt.

Message 15/21             26-Oct-98  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

Cyborg0

Ah, yes.. thats the glory of the design of the 777.. No bizarre, hard to find parts.. its all off of the shelf stuff (cept for the res knob and the processor coding) that anybody can mail order..
The layout of it is also pure beauty, very simple and most of the components are fairly easy to get at. If something were to malfunction, it wouldnt be too hard to find out what it was and even easier to get the part for it.
Rob

Message 16/21             27-Oct-98  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

pedicelli

Oh...Rebirth does an excellent job for 303. It's dead on, can't tell the friggin difference. I've got it hooked up to my Roland MCR-8 and this gives me the complete feel of the original...there's no difference, same thing!

Message 17/21             28-Oct-98  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

cyborg0

there is a big difference when bill95 decides to crash in the middle of a set due to power brownouts from the 20kwatt PA system.. stay in the studio and play..
Rob

Message 18/21             28-Oct-98  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

Looney boy

Ribirth is cool and all but not very portable. And once you factor in you need a computer to run rebirth the price is pretty close in buying the real thing. Rebirth $150 computer well a good one $700-$900. so if you do not have a computer and you want that original TB303 sound you should just pay up and buy the real thing. But if you have a computer my theroy is shot out the window.

Message 19/21             29-Oct-98  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

cyborg0

No, your theory is not really shot, because if you are going to do real music you are going to need more than just you puter, you will need some outboard midi gear, even just a sampler. Try running Rebirth and a sequencer program at the same time. No matter how fast your system is, it is still sluggish. Its not worth the hassle.
But, maybe if you buy a cheapo pentium laptop and run rebirth, it is fairly cost effective, since I have seen pentium laptops for about 700 bux. Still, though, any puter is crashable.
Rob

Message 20/21             16-Nov-98  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

werd

I am interested in buying a 303, mail back if you still have it.

Thank you
Drew Patterson

Message 21/21             22-Nov-98  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: TB-303 for sale

let it be a mystery...

I'm totally into the original.
I've "acid" tested both rebirth and 303 side by side.
(owner of both) Rebirth is good but the 303 has that analog sound not yet duplicated by digital machines or
software.
The 303 is a legendary item. A collectors piece.
I wouldn't sell my 303. It was to hard to find; and when I did it was a total gem (mint w/manual&case). Sure you can get an emulator if that suits your fancy...or even both if you feel the need. But everything has it place...
and nothing will take the original. Good luck.

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)